PDA

View Full Version : Engine running while wheeler is laying on its side question.

mad_max
04-04-2004, 03:40 PM
Yesterday I was riding my SX and dumped it over on its right side. It took me a minute or two to climb back up to it (on a hill) and it was still running while laying on its side. I was wondering if this might cause any engine problems...ideas?

200xalltheway
04-04-2004, 03:44 PM
shouldn't have done anything cuz its a Honda!!!

twgranger
04-04-2004, 03:54 PM
shouldn't have done anything cuz its a Honda!!! :D :D

trikerider2oo7
04-04-2004, 03:57 PM
nah...shouldnt hurt anything...i've done that several times and never had any problems

threewheelin-feelin
04-04-2004, 08:47 PM
well if it didnt fowl the plug then it should be fine check trailprotrailpro oil make sure none drained out

Seabass
04-04-2004, 09:22 PM
Rolled my old 185s a few times,,,twice it landed upside down. Both times it stalled out quickly. Turned it over, let'er sit for a few secs, and she fired right up...no prob's...other than my pride. Can't beat a honda...

TimSr
04-04-2004, 11:15 PM
If you have a twist throttle it can be bad news, when its stuck in the dirt held wide open! I tether kill switch is a nice companion to a twist throttle.

plkmonster2
04-05-2004, 02:41 PM
That happened to me on a bike. I went around a corner, and tried to puch it, well, the back go loose, and spun around, sticking me in the dirt. Luckily I had my hand on the throttle, and was able to twist it back, then I killed it.

Trevor C.
04-05-2004, 08:24 PM
I was riding my 86 250r along the mississppi on a trail that ran along the the top side of the bank(cliff) and rolled over the edge and couldn't get away from the bike. Went for about a roll and a half before getting pinned against a tree with the wheeler up side down with the pipe burning against my back and gas pouring everywhere and the bike was still running(can you say scary), luckily my bro was right behind me and ran down and shut it off and got it off me(felt like hours but in reality was lessthan 2 minutes). Could have been a lot worse. We couldn't get the bike back up over the cliff either. We had to double on his trike and go back home and get a boat to get the wheeler outa there. All and all I ended up with some burns on my back, the worse case of poison Ivy(yes the bank was nothing but pine trees and poison ivy 50 feet down) and a interesting story to share with others :D

Morral of the story is get a tether switch and use it. What's stupid is my trike has one but I wasn't using it that day :oops: