PDA

View Full Version : questions about lt 50 alt 50 3 wheeler

jmsmilin
04-03-2004, 10:47 PM
I just won one (ebay) for my 4 yr old, are they reliable, fast or slow, loud etc. It looks great I get it this weekend, anything I should know baout them? thanks
Jared

Groundworx
04-03-2004, 10:54 PM
I used to have one of the 3 wheelers. It was my kids first bike. The only complaint that I had with then, is they didn't come with a throttle limiter from the factory. I was able to drill a hole in the throttle housing and put a bolt in that worked. Without this, they do go too fast for a young kid. I was happy with it though. It seemed to be reliable and a good starter bike. My kids were 6 and 4 when I purchased and now they are 8 and 6. The 8 year old now has a KTM pro jr. dirt bike and the 6 year old has a YFM 80 quad. They Suzuki was a great starter bike though. You should be happy with it.

jmsmilin
04-04-2004, 11:04 AM
thanks, would I be able to put a 4 wheeler front on end on it, I came across a Kasea front end with 50 with suspension

Groundworx
04-04-2004, 03:25 PM
I am not sure about that. I would think you could if you are good with a cutter and a welder. It may end up being more trouble than it is worth though and I would also question the safety of it. But if you are creative and skilled enough, I am sure it can be done. I doubt it will just bolt on though.

jmsmilin
04-04-2004, 07:42 PM
ok, I remember seeing kits for 3 wheelers to be made into 4 wheelers, and I know they made a 4 wheeler Suzuki Lt50 the next year or so that would probably bolt on, but you are probably right. I can weld but not tha good, heres the link to the bike I will be picking up this weekend, what do you think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=43972&item=24 68753560&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWN%3AIT

short4stuff
04-04-2004, 08:05 PM
man dont reck that trike, its mint, just have your child get used to it, rig it up so you can only do like 4mph, i dont think it would be possible to roll at that speed. Nice find.

thefox
04-04-2004, 08:17 PM
I agree with short4stuff, don't try to convert the trike. If you make a throttal limiter for it then it would make it hard to tip. If you do want to change it into a quad I don't think the lt50 quads have a bolt on front end so it would involve cutting and welding or a frame and front end swap.

TimSr
04-04-2004, 11:21 PM
You can buy an older LT50 for a few hundred dollars, and you can buy a used Kasea or Kasea clone for $500-$700. The ALT50's are pretty rare. You can buy what you want a lot cheaper than you can build it.

jmsmilin
04-05-2004, 09:21 PM
yeah I will probably leave her alone, its pretty close to me, and Im glad I found it. THis weekend she will be getting some use. I will let you guys know how my 4 yr old likes it.