PDA

View Full Version : 200m Exhaust

daveatc
04-03-2004, 11:27 AM
well Ive always been interested in 3 wheelers since i was given a 125m when i was 9 years old I put countless miles on that bike with very little problems that bike is long gone but i found a 200m in near mint condition Im a hunter and would have prefered the 250 big red but this bike has no mileage on it the only thing it needs is an exhaust system looks rusted out
my question is what types of exhaust are compatible with the 200m?
and has anyone ever tried to make a lift kit for there trike? im thinking about doing something radical like chop the fenders and put some monster tires on or extend the front forks to get better ground clearence has anyone tried this? are there kits available?

thefox
04-04-2004, 03:50 PM
The 200e exhaust should fit the 200m. You should be able to find a used exhaust easily or there are aftermarkt exhaust for it, check www.denniskirk.com, they have a good selection of aftermarket exhausts.
No real lift kits are avalable for your trike that I have seen. The 125m has a kit that bolts on it the front fork and moves the front wheel down and forward a few inches but it won't fit a 200m. You may be able to put a 200x or 350x front end on it but that would just raise up the front end, the back end would have to have something custom made. What size tires are on it now? I think that 25x12x9 came on it but if not them maybe they will fit, that is about the biggest atv tires you can get anyway.

daveatc
04-04-2004, 06:23 PM
Daveatc: the bike is not mine yet but will be shortly it has one leaky rear tire so new tires are a possibility I was thinking I go through some serious rat holes when I go hunting sometimes my 4 wheel drive quad gets stuck so any lift would be of great benifit I think if i modify the fenders I can put as big a tire as i want up until they hit the footpegs but this is still just an idea after reviewing some pictures, ive drove big reds before and they perform well enough in the mud if your a good driver and the 200m is almost the same clearence I think I just lack the experience of driving anything other than my 125m atc that I had so I may be ok with stock setup for now but I saw something the other day that intriged me on the www.trikeheaven.com website in revival info section is a 185s atc with 11 tooth on the front and 38 on the rear he says he thinks it does 65mph with this setup! is this accurate? i may purchase a new rear sprocket just to say i can beat a 600 grizzly with a 196cc trike but im not sure unless the 185 had different gearing or horsepower im thinking the 196cc engine would even do better with tall gears. thank you for the info.

thefox
04-04-2004, 08:12 PM
Yes you can regear it to make it go faster but then you will lose some low end. Getting bigger tires will also make the trike gain top eng but lose some low end. The largest atv tires I have seen are 27's, that is only 2 inches bigger then the 25's that come stock on the 200m.