PDA

View Full Version : What are the odds

Spineshank
04-02-2004, 03:56 PM
Well first off this is my first post here. I just have a few questions and was hoping you guys could answer them. I guess first it would help to tell you about my three weeler. My dad had bought it for me when I was three for christmas. Well it was something we always did was him riding me around on it. Anyway he passed away when I was 5 and we moved shortly after. My mom had sold the bike when we moved. That was over 10 years ago and of all strange coincidences I found out form a guy at work about one identical to mine. Turns out after some research it is the same one I had to give up when I was younger! And even better yet someone was giving it to him, and he decided to give it me. Anyway, enough of that. From what I was told all it needs is a clutch. Going back to when I was 5 I remember it being a yellow yamaha and thats it. I was hoping that you guys could help me identify it once i get it tommorow, like the exact model. Also I was hoping someone would know where to get the parts/info I may need for it. Sorry for such a long post, but I just couldnt beleive Im getting my old bike back.

Thanks in advance for any help you guys give me.

Brad

twgranger
04-02-2004, 04:09 PM
Are you shure it's you old trike? There are alot of yellow yamaha's.

Spineshank
04-02-2004, 04:14 PM
Positive. He asked me if i could help him move 2 bikes tommorow and I said sure. His grandmothers neighbors asked her if she knew anyone that would want them because they were moving. He said one was 3 wheeler and one was a dirtbike. I asked joking if she lived in glenolden, thats where the person that bought it lived. He said actually yea. I was like no trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro, is it ..... and described it. He said it fit to a T. Then I asked about the street she lived on, because he didnt know the neighbors names, and it was the same street, and its only 2 blocks long. So there is no way it cant be.

blastfromthepast
04-02-2004, 04:39 PM
If it's a small yamaha it's probroly the tri-zinger 60 cc.

Spineshank
04-02-2004, 04:42 PM
It was meant for an adult. He bought it for me but he mostly drove me on it. I remember there was a screw he could put in the throttle to regulate how fast I could go, that way i could drive it solo. He rode it as much asI did though.

cliff2302
04-02-2004, 04:49 PM
definitely a tri-zinger. They were built for kids, even though they had enough motor in them to wheelie my 190 trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro off. I know that those little things go for around 300-500 where i live, so getting yours back for free is a great deal. Good luck with it.
Joe

Spineshank
04-02-2004, 04:51 PM
Thanks. Anybody able to tell me more about them? Just like basic stuff, like how they handle in different conditions, how easy/hard it is to get parts for them, anything at all would be great.

XDAWG
04-02-2004, 05:17 PM
Thats pritty cool man!!

A lot of people here can help you out but it would be best to know the exact model first. Do you have a digital camera, If so get a photo hosted of it tommorow and link us to it.

Spineshank
04-02-2004, 05:18 PM
Will do.

TimSr
04-02-2004, 05:44 PM
If it was meant for an adult, and he drove you around on it, its not a TriZinger.

Wait until you get it and then you can decribe it. First thing is find out whether its two stroke or 4 stroke, and then find out how many cc's which should be on the cylinder.

yamahaman89
04-02-2004, 05:53 PM
It could be a tri-moto

trikerider2oo7
04-02-2004, 06:09 PM
welcome to the board...i think its prolly a tri moto

ATC crazy
04-02-2004, 06:31 PM
Probably a Tri-moto 175

350x'inNY
04-02-2004, 07:35 PM
Or even a 125 TriMoto.

jeswinehart
04-02-2004, 07:57 PM
i ain't got a clue as to what modle it is but just want to say that is the coolest story i have heard in along time !

welcome aboard Spineshank,,,,

john

kdagenais
04-02-2004, 09:33 PM
Hello,
Welcome to the board!! I also think it is cool to get your first trike ever back. I could only imagine what it would be like to have my first trike back again. My Uncle still has his 250SX that he bought new in 85 which was the very first trike or motorcycle I have ever driven before the age of 11. Needless to say I steal it from him when ever I can just to stroll down memory lane sometimes.
Anyways good luck with it and I am sure members of this board will help you out with any question you might have.

atcpunk107
04-02-2004, 09:44 PM
From what I was told all it needs is a clutch[/quote]

i think it might be a tri-z if it needs a clutch becaus first of all tri-zingers only have a centrifugal clutch and it is ultra rare that auto clutcjes need to be changed. though i may be wrong

200xalltheway
04-02-2004, 10:27 PM
cool!!

Spineshank
04-03-2004, 05:27 PM
Just got it back a few minutes ago and it is a tri-moto 175. It looks like it will need a little more work than I thought but Im just glad to have it back. Ill see if I can get some pictures up in a little bit.

Spineshank
04-04-2004, 12:20 PM
I know this is kind of a dumb question but how do I tell what year it is?

ATC crazy
04-04-2004, 03:35 PM
Look at the front of the frame near the handlebars/triple tree. There should be a tag with it on there.

edog
04-04-2004, 06:21 PM
to look behind the front headlight on the neck.There should be a sticker behind there.Inducating the year.

Spineshank
04-04-2004, 11:07 PM
20-E-012866. I dont know if this is the number needed to identify the year or not. If it isnt can someone please tell me where to locate it. Once I know what year it is I can start to get the parts I need.
Thanks
Brad