PDA

View Full Version : Need some help 350X

XDAWG
03-29-2004, 05:51 PM
Just got a 350x not to long ago need some help.

1. When it first starts up it smokes just a little (white smoke) after warm it really doesnt somke. Whats causing this?

2. How much compression should I have? I have always heard that they have a lot of compression but mine is not terribly hard to kick, It is a little harder than most other bikes but not real bad. I weigh 215 pounds this might have something to do with it? I can pretty much stand on the kicker lever and it wont go down? does this seem about right? I do have the decompression cable also.

3. For some reason I can ride it for awhile then if I turn it off or it stalls for some reason, Its seems like it doesnt want to start back up. If I turn it off and try to start it like 5 minutes later I have to get it started on the first or second kick if not for some reason it wont start unless I let it sit then try again about 5 minutes later. Then I have to get it on 1st or 2nd kick if not I have to repeat the process again.

4. I was told that I could cut some holes in the airbox lid and get a little more out of it, if I did this would I need to rejet? I was going to cut the holes then put some type of screening over the holes to keep the mud and paticles out but Im not going to if I have to rejet. Im also gettting a uni filter soon.

5. Im extending my swingarm 5 inches - Where can I get the extended brake line? Also what length of chain will I need after extension? 520x(?)

Im getting a top end gasket kit this week I think I needed a new head gasket because it seemed to be leaking something out of it, really small amount but Im taking care of this before I ride again. Any damage this could have caused?

If anyone can answer any of those questions, Thanks

Ddw350
03-30-2004, 12:49 AM
#2...i noticed if the decomp cable is adjusted correctly,you can kick it quite easily,sometimes i can stand on my kickstart for a second or two,then it goes down.its done this forever,i guess its normal,even with a new cable...