PDA

View Full Version : z dg pipe silencer question!!?

nipper
03-28-2004, 05:10 PM
hi i have ordered a dg pipe and was wondering wether my stock tri z silencer will restrict the power of it? and will a dg silencer increace my power output? (if so by how much?)
also would a cobra or another aftermarket silencer work just as well with the dg pipe?
thx
nipps

TimSr
03-28-2004, 10:37 PM
The DG Pipe will give your Z a little more noticeable low end and midrange at the expense of top end that you wont notice.

The differnence in silencers wont amount a hill of beans, but the Cobra silencer will tick off all of your neighbors and make you public enemy number one.

wolfspider
03-29-2004, 05:16 AM
you need the rear pipe as well in my opinion, even if its just to save weight, the stock silencer is heavy!!!!!!!
i think the other benefits are looks :twisted:
the length of the tail pipe can effect the performance, i think a longer tail pipe gives more top end and a shorter pipe gives more bottom, but whether this will be noticeable is debatable.

nipper
03-29-2004, 05:48 AM
ok thx for your time!
nipps

TimSr
03-29-2004, 10:23 AM
you need the rear pipe as well in my opinion, even if its just to save weight, the stock silencer is heavy!!!!!!!
the length of the tail pipe can effect the performance, i think a longer tail pipe gives more top end and a shorter pipe gives more bottom, but whether this will be noticeable is debatable.

Thats true, now that you mention it, the stock silencer IS a boat anchor!

3WheelsForever
03-29-2004, 05:30 PM

I feel that the longer vs shorter silencer is true. When I broke my DG silencer I took it off and lost a crap load of top end. When I put a silencer back on it I was dissapointed with the low end but was much happier with the top end. My advice to you is try it sometime as long as you dont have any neighbors around.

ange
03-29-2004, 07:06 PM
I was not aware that DG still offered a pipe...

Why is this pipe on ebay going for so much????

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=35596&item=2469426 466

CHAINSAW
03-29-2004, 08:11 PM
The DG Pipe will give your Z a little more noticeable low end and midrange at the expense of top end that you wont notice.

I have to dissagree.. my bottom end is the same, but I noticed my top end came alive!!! Its almost as if I need a 7th gear at times, and Ive often tried to shift into it..

That is a DG Extreme pipe (the chrome one) on a 86.

nipper
03-30-2004, 08:18 AM
lol i can tell u exactly why this pipe is going for so much becasue i'm the highest bidder at the moment!! jackchich (jack Chichester) n ma dogs named nipper!! lol
its because the seller has said that he will ship to the uk for $40 n this is very rare!! also i can only pay using paypal which he accepts!! the bidding has been between me and another uk chap!!
one question:
which dg pipe is this? the extream one or the racing one?
thx
nipps

CHAINSAW
03-30-2004, 12:58 PM
From that angle, it looks just like the one I have.. the Extreme.

I feel sorry for you UK guys. You guys always have to pay out the behind for parts, then a bunch of shipping on top of it. Dennis Kirk doesnt ship overseas, or is the rate so high its not worth it??

nipper
03-30-2004, 01:37 PM
well denis klark does ship over seas but i carn't pay him as i haven't got a credit card (just 18) but $40 is very good for shipping a pipe in 10 days!! the warrior shock absorber was the b!tch as first one was blown and the second was fine but both cost over $100 each and over $40 shipping each!!! 1 took 3 weeks and the other took 9 weeks!!(god knows what took it so long!?) to get hear.
gona get a £4000 student load in september so look out ebay!!!! lol gona get a dg silencer, port job and another tri z as well as a trailer lisence so i can go on tour with ma m8s n show these quad racers what a real beast looks like!! :D !!
carn't wait!!!
thx
nipps

CHAINSAW
03-30-2004, 08:00 PM
Most of the parts on ebay that are really high priced, I have found is being bought by someone overseas. Its taught a few of us to think before we start making fun of the high prices, because we usually know the high bidder from a 3 wheeler forum.. lol

wolfspider
03-31-2004, 05:34 AM
the prices that the uk guys pay can go over the top, but with 1pound worth nearly two dollars it still works out cheaper than going to your local dealer.
an example of this is a internal shifter shaft for 250r in the states brand new is about 60 dollars, the price from a dealer in uk is 55 pounds which makes it just over a hundred dollars for the same part.
so even if you add in shipping of about 9 dollars for that part its still cheap to us.
cheers steve.