PDA

View Full Version : This is Killing Me!!!!

triM
03-28-2004, 03:49 PM
If I don't figure this out soon I'm gonna flip. For those of you that helped me out before, thanx for all the help, but I'm still struggling with my 200X clutch. (my previous post on this can be found here: http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=9081&highlight= )

Can anyone explain to me how this clutch is supposed to engage and disengage? I get the basics of how a clutch operates, but in this case when you pull the clutch cable it pushes the clutch lifter pin in. By pushing it in it is supposed to separate the plates and disengage the plates. How is this possible? If you're pushing in on the lifter plate, wouldn't that put more pressure on the plates instead of less?

I'm just confused, frustrated and getting pissed off. It's not like I'm retarded, but this simple problem is making me feel like it, so any help would be appreciated.

I'll look at posting a picture soon for those of you who may not be intimately familiar with the 200X clutch, but may understand the problem

Thanx in advance to everyone for having patience and helping me with this problem