PDA

View Full Version : tire combo?

Cahdealme
12-15-2002, 10:08 AM
I'm gonna run 22's on the rear of the 250r, but I'm not sure how tall or wide to go with the front. What tire and rim combo's do yall ride on? How wide of a rim up front?

ATCRYDER
12-15-2002, 03:46 PM
Looks like Ill be running about the same combo on mine. Im taking the rims of my 87 X...rears are 22x10-9 and the front is a 23.5 x 8 - 11.

Rears are D.I.D. 250R Rims with 2001 Yamaha Warrior Dunlops on them.

Front is a chrome stock rim with a Kenda FrontMax.

The front size is the way to go on any sport 3 wheeler in my opinion (either 23.5 or 24's). Far as running 22's on an R (wherea stock is 20), I cant imagine having ANY problem. Maybe gear down one tooth if you think youll need to. Youll definently get a couple mph more topend running 22's in the rear. Im going to run stock gearing, see how it is and then maybe gear up on one end and down in the other

Good luck & let me know how it turns out for you,
Rob

Cahdealme
12-15-2002, 05:00 PM
Mine won't be runnin' for awhile still, but I'm gonna go ahead with the tires and rims so that I can roll it around. I'm gonna get 22xwidex10 on 10x10 rims for the rear. I'm either gonna run the bearclaws or gators, not sure yet. What size and bolt pattern is the stock front rim? I've got a couple of 24x8x12 fronts off another wheeler. Who makes aftermarket front rims? I'm sure douglas wheel does, but would these be any different from normal wheels? It just needs to be a wheel with a 0 offset, correct? I'm still new to the 3wheeler thing, so any help is good help!!!

ATC crazy
12-17-2002, 06:43 PM
You usually should run larger tires on the front cause thats what hits the bumps/logs first so its less of a shock to the a-arms and yourself.