PDA

View Full Version : 250r Suspension

Honda300ex
03-28-2004, 12:27 PM
Alrighty.. My 250rs suspension just flat out sucks. I know the front is bad cince the seals are blown. i need t rebuild them.. but how do i keep them from sagging since trailprotrailpro not supposed to put much air in them right?? And in the rear it seems WAY to soft.. I sit on it and it bottoms out pretty much. and i only weigh around 150... Will turning that little dial to hard make any differnce??

smokinwrench
03-28-2004, 01:00 PM
On the front I took one of the fork caps down to the local hardware store for sizing purposes and bought 2 pvc bushings that would fit in the forks. They were about 1 1/2" long each. I couldn't get them to fit so I cut them down to 1". It was kinda tough getting them in. The front suspension is nice and stiff now.

It sounds like the rear shock is out of nitrogen to me. Does it have a kinda squishy sound when you push down on it?

I think the spacers in my front forks are the best mod I;ve done to my machine.

Honda300ex
03-28-2004, 01:03 PM
Thanks smokin.. Im gonna put spacers in them when i rebuild them.. and yes the rear shock does make a squishing sound.. so im quessing its out of nitrogen.. think it needs new seals to keep it from leaking off again?

smokinwrench
03-28-2004, 01:16 PM
so im quessing its out of nitrogen.. think it needs new seals to keep it from leaking off again?

That is a hard question to answer. Is there fresh oil covering your cylinder? If it is leaking nitrogen you will have to have a new bladder for it, I tried to buy that stuff from Honda and you have to buy the complete resevoir. If the nitrogen leaks out it will push oil out of the shock. I have access to free nitrogen so I just recharged mine and it doesn't leak. I'm sure I will have to charge it once a year or so.

I guess if it were mine and I could get it charged for a low price I would try that first.

Honda300ex
03-28-2004, 01:19 PM
I dont rember any oil around the resevore.. where can i geta it recharged?