PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With 350x Fork Seals!!!!(dust seal????)

vartiak15
03-28-2004, 08:35 AM
How do i change the fork seals on my 85 350x forks? Also how much oil do i put uin them? I am not going to go get a manual because the only 350x parts i got are the forks and rear shock they are going on my 200x, so if someone could give me some step by step instructions that would be great.

Thanks,

James

Lots_Of_Nothing
03-28-2004, 08:51 AM
first off, to make it easier, and cleaner, take out the bolt on the back of the bottom of the fork leg and let all the oil drain out., then take the fork cap off and take the springs out, then take out the bolt on the very bottom underside of the fork legs., then take off your fork boots and all that, and then take the dust cap off (this is where the fork meets the slider, its the plastic looking thing) after that comes out, theres a c-clip in there, take that c-clip out, and then just pull the fork tube out of the slider.., replace the fork seal or whatever else your doing, and put it all back together., then once you got it all together put the springs and all that back into the fork (from the top), and then pour in however much oil is needed for the 350x, tighten cap, and your done.,

sorry, i'm not sure of the amount of oil used in 350x forks

jeswinehart
03-28-2004, 09:04 AM
james,,, e-mail me

jeswinehart@hotmail.com

and i'll send you the 4 pages concerning the seal replacement.

i'll start scanning them now.

john

hrc200x
03-28-2004, 10:43 AM
When ever you do shock work always let the air out of the forks via the air valve on the top of the fork first. I learned the hard way, I removed the drain bolt on the backside of the forks without letting the air out first. I got a face full of ATF.

vartiak15
03-28-2004, 11:07 AM
ok now how do i get off the dust seal??????????

vartiak15
03-28-2004, 11:28 AM
ok got off the dust seal and the c-clip now what do i do?????? now how do i get out the old seal??????

hrc200x
03-28-2004, 03:09 PM
After the snap ring is removed place the fork on the ground between your feet, sort of compress it and jerk up on it (try to pull the top of the fork out of the bottom part). To do this the allen bolt on the bottom of the forks should be removed and the fork springs should be out.

350x'inNY
03-28-2004, 10:50 PM
I have a whole series of pics when MR ATC rebuilt my 350X forks. Not sure if someone wouldn't want to put text to them. Howdy... the pics are in a folder on that CD I burnt for you, if you want to pass it on to HondaATC (billy) or someone. Like 45 pics or so.... put in new seals, Progressive springs, and new boots.

Bruce