PDA

View Full Version : Wet sanding platics, and Plastic renew...

plkmonster2
03-28-2004, 03:28 AM
I'm gonna sand my rear plastics to get them back to a nice condition, since I'm going to sell the tri moto for some money I need. :( I feel sad for wanting to sell it. What should I sand it with? What grits? Maybe 220, then 400, then 800, 1200, then 2000? And do I constantly run water over it? To get an oem shine, what is the final grit I should use? Also, about plastic renew, will it deteriate if gas is spilled on plastic that is coated with it? Should I sand it real nice, then Plastic Renew, or just sand it? I need new tires also, the stock 2 ply's, yes the stock tires, are done. I think I hit a nail. Nice big hole in one. I'm thinking Turf Tamers for just preping it before selling it, or should I go heavier? A few more things will be detailed before it is sold, like new brakes, yes, those are stock too, an oil change, of course, new handlebars and grips, fork oil change, and some other stuff. I'm hoping to get 800-900 for it, since it hasn't many hours on it, like I said, the stock tires are on it, and I'm going to spend some time and money getting it really nice. I bought it for 700, and got a lot of stuff on it now, like a uni filter, new throttle cable and assembly, which was liek 90 bucks :shock:, and plus all the stuff I'm getting now.