PDA

View Full Version : pull sart and....

yamahaman89
03-27-2004, 12:00 AM
:( i just got my pull start rebuilt and everything on it is new so i hook it up and pull it all works fine but my trike wont start so i pull and pull then the cord wont go back in. I have to shake it around and then it will slowly go back in. Does anyone know why?
Also my 3 wheeler is having a hard time starting i know i have to adjust the carb but it dont whant to kick over anyone know why? Thanks :-D

plkmonster2
03-27-2004, 02:14 AM
Has the rope frayed? or are a lot of parts creating friction? HAve you checked for spark? If it does, does the plug have gas on it? Is the idle high enough? Is your air filter clean? Etc... :)

compaqkoci
03-27-2004, 12:38 PM
don't use a thick grease on the pull start try to use some like silicone lubricant, thick grease tend to clog it up thats what my friend did on mine ...used like axle great the thing would just sit there limp.lol :D

yamahaman89
03-27-2004, 08:00 PM
yea i just fixed it but i just found out something: my 3 wheeler has a key that u turn then pull it well with that said i was on it and i turned the key and it started to high idle and run ok except if i hold in the throtle for 3 sec or is it will sound like the carb is shuting and opening kinda of like a cd that was scratch and i turn the key and the idle drops a bit. Is it an electrical problem???? and how can i tell if the air mix and gas is set right?? :D

edog
03-27-2004, 08:05 PM
What type of machine is it?What year is it?Is it the picture that is your avatar?

yamahaman89
03-27-2004, 09:36 PM
Yea its a 1983 yamaha tri-moto

plkmonster2
03-28-2004, 03:19 AM
I have th same trike, and it should only run when the switch is on on, not off, or the light mode. I don't think electrical would make it rev up for no reason. Hmmm.

atckowalski
03-28-2004, 01:12 PM
Try cleaning the carb.One of mine ran something like that before because the main jet was gummed up.