PDA

View Full Version : Is this homemade, or real?

packhamstruck
03-23-2004, 04:12 PM
This came with the trike, and it almost looks like a company built it, any one ever see one before?

82atc110
03-23-2004, 04:36 PM
Looks homade to me

350x'inNY
03-23-2004, 05:37 PM
When I originally saw your Topic, I was wondering if you were talking about that '1987' sticker on the frame! hahahahaa

Not sure about that ski.... I remember a few companies selling them back in the day. Some you drove up on, others had pieces that went onto your front axle. That thing looks pretty trick. Did you try it out some in the deep snow??? I'd also like some pics of your extended swingarm.. I have an extra swinger here, and was wondering if I could have a professional welder hook me up with a modified setup on that.

Bruce

84250r
03-23-2004, 06:09 PM
How do you know it looks like it was company built? Hard to tell from that pic. How does it work in the snow?? Maybe ill make me one,heh.

350x'inNY
03-23-2004, 06:27 PM
It looks flat from the hooks to the hooks. As most know, snowmobile skis have ridges on the bottom, as since they are bolted to the arms, they wouldn't have a flat piece on top of them like that. It would be extra caost for no purpose! That's the main thing I was looking at.... looks a bit wider than a snowmobile ski too. Looks like there might also be some ridges to cratel the tire too to keep it from sliding forward and back. IF some one designed it in their shop, they did a excellant job. The strap over the tire doesn't look like some ol' tiedown someone cut the end off either. How does it tighten down onto the tire??

Bruce

yamahaman89
03-23-2004, 07:46 PM
yea it does look homemade

250SX_rider
03-23-2004, 09:48 PM
I say homemade.

twgranger
03-23-2004, 10:12 PM
I have seen some places sell them but can't remember who. :?

packhamstruck
03-24-2004, 12:16 AM
I was thinking it was homemade but just looks so nice, to attach it you drive onto it, there is like a seat belt clip u just click it in, i deflated the tire bucklet it up and then filled with are, it is not on good in that pic.

It works awsome in deep snow, i put it on my 350x with the 25x13.5x9 sprider trax, and she kicks ass, i have lots of sleds and all ways have, this ski is very wide and actully has 2 wear bars on it.

I will get those pics of the swing arm so u can do what you need to do.
thanks for your inputs later andrew