PDA

View Full Version : Snorkels ( please reply)

yamahaman89
03-22-2004, 05:44 PM
:( Hi everyone i just feel so dumb coud someone answer me this question lol theres 3 lol what does a snorkel do and hows does it work and can it hook up on my tri-moto 200 :D oh and how do i put it on the carb

vartiak15
03-22-2004, 09:40 PM
well iw as thinking about makeing one for my x. all iw as going to do is take some pvc or sommthing and then come off the carb and go up out behind the rear fender and up about a foot or two above the rear of the fender and then put some kind of air filter on the end of it. this would make it so you can go threw deep water and mud. you can also make one for your muffler. look in the april dirt wheeles there are some on the big mud quads.

yamahaman89
03-22-2004, 10:51 PM
:-D yea i got that issue but how does it hook on a carb

atcmatt
03-23-2004, 04:30 AM
I wouldent run it onto my carb. Id just run it off my air filter. I might make one for my 250es when its up and going (if i get it). Sounds cool, my 200es can already go through deep water imagine what it can do with a snorkel.

Matt

yamahaman89
03-23-2004, 08:35 AM
:? so i just run a pipe off of my air filter? :?

vartiak15
03-23-2004, 09:05 AM
ya u could put a hole in the back and run some type of tubbing out the back but you could still want to put some filter on the end of it and u got to make sure you air box lid has no holes and you will have to use som rtv or some type of glue stuff around the hole so it is water tight.

JoeSuzuki
03-23-2004, 11:20 AM
Make sure to plug the bottom hole in your airbox, then with PVC tube hook longer ones to the hole in your airbox that goes under the tank(not the one that goes to the carb). Make sure to put some kind 90degree at the end so it doesnt rain in it.

ANTI-QUAD
03-23-2004, 08:54 PM
your only gonna be able to go so deep before youe wheeler starts to float....then its gonna want to flip upside-down.three wheelers float better upside-down than riteside-up