PDA

View Full Version : Well, I saved the life of a trike today!

plkmonster2
03-22-2004, 01:59 AM
I was riding up at my neighbors old house, which is abandoned now, and I see this old three wheeler out in the field. It looks okay, not in bad condition. Well, I get out my tools, and take off the carb. The neighbors said I could do what I want with it. The carb is full of crap. I clean it out, after drilling through the crud in the starter jet, lol. I take the carb back up there, along with a can of wd 40 and some gas. I spray the wd over the slide and linkage, and put it all back together. I let it sit, and bleed some gas out. It seems all good. I give it a push down the hill, and I hop on. It pops, sputters, and with a blow of black smoke, it fires! The old 1983 185s hadn't been run in 10 years! It ran pretty good. I babied it for a few minutes, then opened it up. It seemed like new! The motor had tons of compression. Well, I drive it back, and once the neighbors see that I got it going, heck, they swap it up as fast as they could. They get a free threewheeler, and free mechanic work! I was pretty pissed. They are so darn lazy that they couldn't clean out the carb to get it going again, but when I fix it up, it's like a fake thanks, as they drive off, and leave me in a cloud of dust. Well, thought I might share my story of rebirth of a three wheeler, and to vent off some of my anger that my neighbors put me into.

200Xjapan
03-22-2004, 04:02 AM
I'd show up at their doorsteps with a "restoration" bill :twisted: ! Good work man!

twgranger
03-22-2004, 07:09 AM
I would of just took off. :twisted:

jason200x
03-22-2004, 02:12 PM
go find the three wheeler put some dirt in the carb and then when you go back to fix it say the motor is shot

200xalltheway
03-22-2004, 07:16 PM
cool that you got a tattered 3 wheeler goin agian. how cum didn't they pay you? were they broke or what :?: :?:

yamahaman89
03-22-2004, 07:48 PM
go find the three wheeler put some dirt in the carb and then when you go back to fix it say the motor is shot

:-D pretty good idea :-D id be so mad :twisted: but good job :-D

plkmonster2
03-23-2004, 12:15 AM
lol, dirt in the carb.. hehe... I'm pissed though. No, they aren't broke, they thought of it as a favor. They're like thanks for the mechanic work... They ask to ride it, so I let em, and they just ride away, and take it home. There is another one up there, but now they want it too for spare parts. Darn... oh well, the motor is seized in that one. It seems like they are too dumb to pay me. They sit around on their butts, and wait for this to come along. Now their denying ever saying I could have it, that they just asked me to fix it. Now lets see, if I were to fix it for them, wouldn't there be a little transaction involved? lol, I spent a good 3 hours of my life fixing it!

hondatrikesrule22
03-23-2004, 12:33 AM
This sounds like a job for.....JUDGE JUDY!! :D

plkmonster2
03-23-2004, 12:37 AM
haha, lol, no, sorry Judge Judy is a little too harsh... lol, she wouldn't believe me without proof. It does piss me off, and I'm sure you'd all be pissed off if it happened to you. I'm just glad I got it going, but wish it was mine. :(

ste-pel
03-23-2004, 11:41 PM
i would have took the hole thing home and worked on it then they wouldn;t know that you got it running and if they saw you riding it you could say that the 3 wheeler the you gave me i got it running again

Groundworx
03-23-2004, 11:58 PM
That sucks. Sorry to hear that. At least you saved another trike. The way you describe these people though, you will probably get a call before long saying that something is wrong with it and asking you to take a look at it. When that happens just remember, "paybacks are a b!t@h"

StangLX302
03-24-2004, 01:57 AM
Is that you selling all the parts of this "saved trike" on Ebay?

Same story:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43977&item=2467821958

StangLX302
03-24-2004, 02:06 AM
:D

J.D.
03-24-2004, 12:51 PM
StangLX302, are you smoking crack? Plkmonster lives in Washington, the guy from the auction lives in Wyoming.

Too bad those people treated you like that plkmonster, I'd go up to there house with a bill for 50 dollars, and if they don't wanna pay, destroy the 3 wheeler.

StangLX302
03-24-2004, 02:46 PM
If you don't think these two stories sound EXACTLY the same, you must be the one that's smokin'!!!!!!!!!!

Here: Read BOTH stories. Then you tell me.

This is a running engine out of a 1982 Honda ATC200. The 3-wheeler that it was in sat for a long time in a field. It hasn't been used for about 10 years according to the people that owned it. I cleaned the carb and put some oil in the cylinder before I started it. It started right up and smoked for a minute or two and then cleared up and didn't smoke after that. It runs well and has good compression. The transmision shifts fine through all the gears and the auto clutch works as it should. This engine would fit in all 185, 185s, 200 and 200s ATCs. It is complete except for the pull starter which is listed seperate. Buyer to pay shipping via UPS ground. Happy eBaying!

I was riding up at my neighbors old house, which is abandoned now, and I see this old three wheeler out in the field. It looks okay, not in bad condition. Well, I get out my tools, and take off the carb. The neighbors said I could do what I want with it. The carb is full of crap. I clean it out, after drilling through the crud in the starter jet, lol. I take the carb back up there, along with a can of wd 40 and some gas. I spray the wd over the slide and linkage, and put it all back together. I let it sit, and bleed some gas out. It seems all good. I give it a push down the hill, and I hop on. It pops, sputters, and with a blow of black smoke, it fires! The old 1983 185s hadn't been run in 10 years! It ran pretty good. I babied it for a few minutes, then opened it up. It seemed like new! The motor had tons of compression.

Funny how the SAME thing happened to two DIFFERENT people on the SAME week with the SAME model 3-wheeler????????????????????????

XDAWG
03-24-2004, 03:49 PM
Man that sux!!! I would be heated! I hate people like that, I probably would have knocked his *** out. Just wait for them to call you back and say it not running and tell them to bring it over and be like

"Oh S*** you really tore this thing to S*** man, Its gonna cost about $3-400 for a motor rebuild" then tell him "I will give you $25 for it as is because I think I can use a few of the parts."

By the way you describe these people they would probably sell it to you. Then after you get it running tell them you fixed it with some other parts you had.

As far as the one on ebay being the same. I dont think so the one on ebay has a pull start and the one he got running he had to push down a hill to get started. Just an observation why push it down a hill if the pull start was working on it?

StangLX302
03-24-2004, 04:37 PM
plkmonster2,

Sorry, if that's not you. Isn't that strange though?

ste-pel
03-24-2004, 06:40 PM
maybe the one on e-bay doesn't even run and hes useing plkmonster2's story to scam us all

plkmonster2
03-25-2004, 04:08 PM
Nope, its not me. I'll take a pic of the trike tonight. It is a 185s. That story sounds odd though. Hmmm. BTW, My name on ebay is plkracer, the same as my aim.

plkmonster2
03-25-2004, 04:17 PM
I couldn't take it home, because I was then only one there at my house that day, and I don't have a liscence. I just though that I'd get it going, then drive it home. Plus the place is about 3 miles away, so I didn't want to push it. It makes me sad now how they run the piss out of the poor 185, and their 225 is being babied, now that they don't have to run it. :(

edog
03-25-2004, 04:25 PM
Man i would have walked right up to that door and knocked as hard as i can.Then when they came out i would have introduced them to my freind Smith and Wesson, 500 S+W that is.Look if you don't give me my due's then i'm going to......

Please don't get me started,for i mite have to punish somebody. :twisted:

StangLX302
03-25-2004, 09:27 PM
plkmonster2,

I am sorry about accusing you. :oops:

Matt

plkmonster2
03-25-2004, 09:37 PM
It's okay, Matt, thanks for the apology! No harm taken. :-D

J.D.
03-26-2004, 12:20 AM
plkmonster2,

I am sorry about accusing you. :oops:

Matt

Hey man I hope you know I was only kidding around with the smoking crack thing. Nice Mustang BTW....so plk, did you visit them face to face yet?

StangLX302
03-26-2004, 07:56 PM
Hey man I hope you know I was only kidding around with the smoking crack thing. Nice Mustang BTW.... Oh yeah, I know you were kidding. No problem. Thanks for the comps on the car. :-D

plkmonster2
03-27-2004, 02:50 AM
I've met them a few days after they robbed it from me. I've had a bad fever the last few days, (101 degrees :( ) so I've stayed inside. They are thinking of letting me work on the other 185's they have, and some of the trail 90's, then they'd pay me. But still, the 185's need rebuilds, the 90's trannies are toast, and they smoke to heck and back, and they don't want to pay for the parts, and they are only going to pay me for me work, lol, what losers, they want me to pay for the parts, which a bore/piston is 160+tax, and that's the max I'd get for fixing it. :(

BigRedRunner
04-03-2004, 11:45 AM
It would be very easy to cheat them back out of it. The way that these people treat you, I would say that they would deserve it. Just dump a quart of tranny fluid in the gas tank. They'll crank that over and it'll look like mosquito fogger when it runs. They'll come running to you of course to fix it. That's where you tell them that the bore must have gotten rusty from sitting and that it will need bored out along with a new piston and rings. Better tell them the valve stems/guides are rusty too and will need replaced. It will cost alot to "fix" it and they would better off getting rid of it. Then you will need to GET THINGS IN WRITING this time. You cheat me, I'll cheat you! :twisted: