PDA

View Full Version : backflipping a trike

CHAINSAW
03-20-2004, 10:14 PM
The discussion has been started elsewhere, but Midwest Trikers are serious about actually doing it. http://www.midwesttrikers.com/forum/read.php?TID=378
Is the topic on MWT, so sound off if you want to donate parts for the cause. I would be willing to return parts to you, broken or not so you could own a piece of Trike history. If it were to be returned broken or bent, video footage would also be sent as proof to it being broke attempting a back flip.
85-86 250R parts are being gathered now. We are looking for anything and everything in working shape for a machine, and extras of everything.

Lots_Of_Nothing
03-20-2004, 10:17 PM
haha, sounds like fun chainsaw, you doin the riding? LOL, let me know if you need any engine parts for a 85/86 R.,., also have a couple front rims, and a "ok" grab bar

Macs
03-21-2004, 01:33 AM
i have extra parts for anyyears of the R. after everyones donates just get back to me about what you need

mymint87
03-21-2004, 04:13 AM
why not just practice in a foam pit?

YAMAHA_Jim
03-21-2004, 09:26 AM
I would love to see someone do it.Too bad i dont have any honda parts to donate.The landing would be very bad if you came down front wheel first,the forks arent meant to take a hit like that and would probably snap the head tube off any trike frame.my 2 cents;)
Good luck to whoever attempts it.
I'd be willing to donate the unofficial www.3wheelerworld.com helmet.

Kilborg
03-21-2004, 09:34 AM
It could be done. Just remember, it will be easier to overcook it on a trike then on anything else because of the rear weight bias. I pull some supermans off the grabbar here and there but a backflip is a bit extreme even for me (Bicycles are different hehe...I'v thought about trying it on a trike dockjumping but never had a ghetto enough trike).

If you pull this off you have my commendation...good luck.

trikerider2oo7
03-21-2004, 12:04 PM
good luck.

MATERIALS:
1 250R
1 helmet
2 big ramps
1 IDIOT

Meat-BoX
03-21-2004, 01:32 PM
I will donate to the funeral fund to the Psyco who does us right!
Ive done a backflip in "Deadmans Ditch"
Back in the mid 80's I had a cool 225 DX I thought I was a bad ass I been through the Ditch a billion times on Bikes, Trikes, and of course dirt bikes. Well a friend of mine just picked up a Honda 200x new. He let me go ride it at the Ditch. I figured "Hey this is smaller than mine but got sweet suspension so Y not go for some bigger than normal air. Everyone was there and I went in and came out, but I noticed my front wheel in my vision, then sky, then I got off. They all said when I woke up and could breath that I had that trikeupside down when I got off, and it allmost landed on the front wheel. Of course it was all squirly in the air, so make sure your jump is not just a ripped up ditch with funky lips, and remember If you jam up your friends bike "Pay him back as best you can.
I mowed lawns most the summer to pay him back :oops:

CHAINSAW
03-21-2004, 03:03 PM
why not just practice in a foam pit?
One small problem with that.. Travis Pastrana and Carey Hart dont live near us.. lol Going prices of a foam pit, about 4 grand.
This is gonna be trial and error... just like Metzger. Hit the dunes and keep trying till we pull it off.

As for me piloting? I would sure love to be the first guy to pull it off, but I think Id chicken out when the time came. We have a couple of MWT guys that are crazy enough.

Kilborg
03-21-2004, 03:13 PM
I think if I had a suitable enough trike to try it dockjumping and enough practice doing it I might do it. It would take me a few months to get the confidence to actually try landing it. I pulled on on my Bmx bike once when I still raced and landed it (but only after I had done so dockjumping for awile).

So what I would do, is get the rattiest trike you can find, and go practice dockjumping (even sand wouldnt be as bad an idea as dirt). Definently need to get everything down before doing it or theres gonna be pain...lots of pain.

BULLDOG
03-21-2004, 06:18 PM
good luck when you do lol

eh_tee_see
03-22-2004, 12:34 AM
my dad lent his us90 to some moron kid for a day because he thought it was soooo cool and just had to try it. So my moms filming a few belugas in teh water and here comes the moron kid down the hill full throttle, hits a bump and ON TAPE does 1 complete front flip. the kid flew off but the 90 landed fine.. haha the kid had a bruise on his arse and called his girlfriend to come pick him up in alaska... panzy. this is a front flip though... not a backflip

82atc110
03-22-2004, 03:21 PM
Sickness........ taking.......over....I must see some carnage. I say your not a man till you attempt a flip on a 90 or 110! LOL