PDA

View Full Version : Show your burn outs and smoke shows ...

short4stuff
03-20-2004, 01:36 PM
Here are 2 pics of ones I need, I will get better ones sometime.

200xalltheway
03-20-2004, 04:58 PM
nice burnout! never tried that on my trike.

short4stuff
03-20-2004, 05:30 PM
Here are the marks after :D
Its not wet lol

md1985250r
03-20-2004, 07:29 PM
i can do it with my R, although i dont do it much because i like my clutch

WTF does it have to do with a clutch???..i would think you would not do it because of the price of TIRES!!!! :rolleyes:

jason200x
03-20-2004, 08:20 PM
lawn mower tires heehehehhehehe wish i would have taken a pic it was very smokey when i did it with my x. went until the tires had holes in them. my friends raptor is gettign new tires soo ill post pics when it goes down.

md1985250r
03-20-2004, 08:30 PM
man, you are just too intelligent, what is transfering the power? the clutch, and when you hold the front brakes and power it and drop the clutch, what is it putting tons of pressure on and burning? THATS RIGHT the clutch plates!!, and you know when you take a clutch basket out and it has all the grooves in it, and the plates are real worn down? hmm, whats that from??, yes, tires are expensive too, but i would be more worried about having to tear the engine out and replace clutch plates beucase the clutch is slipping., (you know, when they get worn down, it slips.., yeahhhhh,, just like a standard car or truck), and anyone who has done burn outs with a manual clutch atc/atv knows that they can smell the clutch burning when there done (no, thats not just the tires),., think before you open your mouth......

If you smell your clutch burning, you better hire yourself a mechanic to fix it properly or better yet, get your self a rider, because if the tires are spinning ,the clutch is no longer involved................... :? :?

plkmonster2
03-22-2004, 02:56 AM
The clutch can still be involved, although the tires are spinning. If you shifht into a high gear, and rev it up, and let out the clutch slowly, the tires are spinning, and the clutch is slipping. If you dump the clutch, it usually grabs immediately if you are on a loose surface, but on a hard surface, it slips a bit.

md1985250r
03-22-2004, 08:16 PM
The clutch can still be involved, although the tires are spinning. If you shifht into a high gear, and rev it up, and let out the clutch slowly, the tires are spinning, and the clutch is slipping. If you dump the clutch, it usually grabs immediately if you are on a loose surface, but on a hard surface, it slips a bit.

ok...let me get this straight....you not only want to waste your tires doing a burn out, you want to INTENTIONALLY let the clutch out slowly so it SLIPS?????? WTF??????? what am i missing?? :?:

ATC crazy
03-22-2004, 09:10 PM
First off...your clutch shouldnt be slipping in the first place. Either your springs are not stiff enough or your clutch is already worn. I understand that a clutch will slip slightly....but it shouldnt slip enough to cause anything any harm.

Back on topic....I have done some pretty amazing burnouts on my Foreman. But, since I just spent $360 in tires this past spring, I have been hesatent to do them on asphalt. However, a wooden pallet with a piece of plywood on it makes for some killer smoke ;)

terdburgler03
03-22-2004, 10:06 PM
if your sliping the cluch you need to lean foward more and not go into such a high gear

plkmonster2
03-23-2004, 12:34 AM
No, what I mean is that when you are going down the road, and use the clutch while shifting, the clutch will slip a little, if you release it slowly, and that it is still involved in the drivetrain . He was talking about the clutch not being involved when the tires are spinning. I might have taken it wrong though. No, you shouldn't let your clutch out slowly when, or if you want to burn out.

leprogle
03-23-2004, 10:11 AM
Me on my old foreman, and a buddy of mine on his Recon

Kook
03-23-2004, 10:25 AM
Good thing that's not MY deck! LOL