PDA

View Full Version : 350X motor question?

XDAWG
03-14-2004, 04:15 AM
Ok I am trying to get my motor off but this is my first 350X and I dont know much about them. The part where the engine and oil cooler are connected the 2 metal lines that connect them. How do I get them apart? Do I just take the 10mm bolts off each and lift the lines out of the oil cooler or is there something else where the lines go into the oil cooler that i need to watch out for(seals ect.)? Im pretty new to this stuff as you can tell. Im tearing the entire trike down to have it painted. So if anyone can help thanks

A couple more questions if someone has the free time to answer any I would appreciate it a lot!

1. Question Above about engine and oil cooler.

2. Im taking the swingarm off but will I need new bearings after I take the axle out? They seem fine now. I have never done this before any tips?

3. The forks are comming off also what about those bearings?

4. Probably a stupid question but the top head gasket looks to be leaking. I was looking at the gasket kits and it looks to be a paper gasket??? Can I just go buy a peice of gasket paper and replace this gasket?

Hopefully I can figure the rest out but if anyone has any tips or thinks I should know something else I would appreciate any help. I just dont want to screw this up and have to put more money into it! Thanks in advance for any replies!!

XDAWG

bannedin86
03-14-2004, 07:51 AM
just remove the 4 bolts from the side case, then gently pry the fitting straight out. there is a green o ring on the fittings that are keeping a tight seal and they are fighting you. just gently pry straight and the fitting will come out. the other end, by the radiator, i neve had a reason to disconnect, so i don't know.r

XDAWG
03-14-2004, 01:05 PM
Thanks for the help! Anyone have any other tips? for my other questions?

XDAWG

ATCnut
03-14-2004, 02:08 PM
Number 2. The axle bearing are contained in the carrier assembly. Just because you remove the axle you do not have to replace the bearing if they are good. IMHO I would replace the swingarm pivot bearing if you remove it. They are easy to damage and hard to get at. Search the old posts for other peoples pain with swingarm removal.

Number 3. There are no bearing in the forks, they are in the front hub assembly. they are easy to get at and replace, so I would not do them unless they are bad

Number 4 The Head gasket is not a paper gasket. It is the gasket on the top of the cylinder. If you are having leaks around the covers on the top of the head, then those are paper gaskets. I have measured the thickness of different gaskets from a gasket set, and there are differences. I would use the right one. I have read about people using cereal box for side cover gaskets in a pinch, but I would only do it in a emergency (usually a in camp repair where you have to make due with what is on hand)