PDA

View Full Version : Tecate Headlight Options

JMiller
03-13-2004, 07:15 PM
My '84 Tecate currently doesn't have a headlight but I want to install one. Are there any aftermarket lights that will work. I was thinking about putting a UFO headlight on it, but it would block the radiator.(See pic.) This pic is off my '87 T3. Or mabey I could modify one to work. Any ideas?

TeCaTe_MaN
03-13-2004, 07:31 PM
you could do that and then you could drill alot of 1/4 inch holes in it all over the shroud and it would let enough air pass, i am gonna get a really high watt stator like a 120 or something and run fog lights, 2 chrome foglights underneath the front fender

JMiller
03-14-2004, 12:05 AM
I might try the idea of drilling the hole, but I really dont want to do that to a perfectly good shroud.

BigGreenMachine
03-14-2004, 11:08 AM
I always thought that the square Yamaha Warrior headlights would look good. Mount them where the original used to be or cut out the vertical rods in the front radiator guard and hang them in there. I don't plan on running lights anytime soon.

Beer_Smurf
03-14-2004, 11:15 AM
What about the Trial Tech kits that mount on the handlebar clamps.

http://www.trailtech.net/atv_light_kits.htm

Billy Golightly
03-14-2004, 12:30 PM
A handlebar or Trippleclamp mounted light(s) would be the direction I would go. Ricky Stator did sell these neat little lights that are about the size of the bottom of a coke can that clamp on your handlebars that put out more light then even the best stock lighting system put on quads today.