PDA

View Full Version : conversion kits to quad

yamaha225dx4strokeee
03-12-2004, 06:11 PM
im 17 years old and have had my 225 dx since i was 10, recently my mother told me if i want to keep it, i have to convert it into a quad :( :( if anyone knows of a place where i can find one, please let me know, thanks

Wickedfinger
03-12-2004, 06:32 PM
This reminds me of the movie Psyco ...... "Norman!. ...... yessss muhhhther" Mommy has been brainwashed by irresponsible television lies. Your trike is no more dangerous than any four wheeled atv. If you have owned it since you were 10, and miraculasly somehow you have managed to survive, I think you know how to ride it. I think you need to wait her out until your 18th birthday, then she has no control over it - unless you let her.

Jeb
03-12-2004, 06:34 PM
Welcome!

Let me get this straight.... you've had a 225DX for seven years and now your Mom wants you to convert it to a quad or sell it? Did you get hurt on it recently or something?

I'm baffled. There's just no logic to that.

But to answer your question, best bet is to sell the trike to someone who will appreciate it and put the money you get toward a quad. You probably won't find a conversion kit. If you do, it won't be cheap.

twgranger
03-12-2004, 08:55 PM
Just buy a 4wheeler! :rolleyes:

threewheelin-feelin
03-12-2004, 10:07 PM
i agree with these guys dont waist a trike theres already not enuff left buy a quad salle the trike

smokinp
03-12-2004, 11:08 PM
I think that you should just wait until your 18 then you can do what you like, but if you have to convert it then I would just sell it and buy a quad.

yamaha225dx4strokeee
03-16-2004, 08:55 PM
last year as my birthday and christmas present my crazy parents put down the down payement and said theyd pay the first 2 payments on a 2001 yamaha yzf r6, i dont understand how they will let me ride a 150+mph 2wheeler,a 200 arctic cat zr800, but not a trike! wtf???? has snyone else experienced psycho parents like this??? well, the trike is safe for now, i told them im "storing" it at a friends house, little do they know theres miles and miles of trails and woods hahaha