PDA

View Full Version : ATC 110 Performance parts??!!

GillIsTheMan
03-10-2004, 12:20 PM
Hey, i dont own a 3 wheeler, but i put an ATC 110 engine from 82 on my honda z50 frame (with minimal cutting) and it fit great. I have 2 problems i think you guys with experience might be able to help me with.

#1, The timing chain is loose. i bought a new one (88 links) and it was still loose, even with the tension all the way down. The ring connected to the tensioner (around the crank) is bottomed out. The engine is rebuilt, with new chain rollers, etc. Its not enough slack to skip a tooth, but enough to cause timing troubles... any reccomenda's?

#2. I found a hot cam from big al's on ebay, but i want to up my compression, without milling the head (this would make the timing even worse) i have found oversize pistons from Pro-X, which is in europe. Are there any aftermarket performance pistons that you guys know of? Ones that provide specs on compression, etc. would be even better. Also, any source for stroker cranks, or something else that would radically up the volume of the cylinder? Thanks again guys,

thefox
03-10-2004, 08:27 PM
Well I can't really help on the timing questions, it has been almost 6 years since I have worked on a 110. For performance there really is not too much you can do without finding rare parts off ebay. You could put on a 125m top end, different cam, what exhaust are you using? Maybe you could rig up a performance pipe?

mymint87
03-10-2004, 10:33 PM
hehehe...sorry to laugh

i have a 110 stroker motor...hehe

and it has a cam, not to mention a 26 keihincarb, powroll intake, manual clutch, full flow oil system

GillIsTheMan
03-11-2004, 10:33 AM
Hey, thanks for the info i got so far.

Reply #1, the exhaust is a custom made straight pipe from a trx 90 with a different flange welded on it so it would mate to the exhaust port. I dont think the diameter is as big as the ATC stock exhaust, but i had to use this one because the other goes under the engine, and on my z110, this causes interference problems. I have seen some aftermarket pieces that would work, but they need to go over the clutch cover, and exit between the shock and frame. I think welding up my own is the best bet, and then throwing some aftermarket spark arrester/silencer on it. When it comes to the 125 top end swap, the stroke was different on these bikes. Will that affect the clearance between the piston/crank and all that other moving junk? Thanks again for the info...

Reply #2, ATC 110 Stroker? how many cc's(if youre not joking) and how did you do it? I gladly would have put something closer to a 185 or 250, or even a 2 stroke on this bike, but the frame is so close to the engine mounts, that only the 110 engine would fit with the cylinder arrangement. And with the 26mm carb and cam, how does it run? did you need to get a new CDI box to get more rpm's out of it? Thanks for the info!