PDA

View Full Version : 1986 Honda 200x Axle help!

speed20
03-03-2004, 09:10 PM
How does the axle come out of the swingarm??? The bearings need changed in my friends and i dont know how to get the axle out....what side should it slide out on? and what all needs to be taken off? Thanks
Brad

86*200x
03-03-2004, 10:51 PM
ok i jus did mine last week take your brake caliper off and rotor, then take your hub off, the axel nuts, and theres a snap ring holdin the bearings in, then take the chain off and hit it with a rubber mallet on the end of the axel and it should slide right out

whiteman350x
03-04-2004, 10:26 AM
The axle comes out of the left side. You need to remove the rt wheel & hub. Then you take the caliper off of the stay and just tie it up out of the way. Then you have to run the axle nuts (the big ones next to the brake disk) toward the bike. I think they are left hand threads so watch out! This should expose the snap ring. Remove the ring, then the splined parts w/ the nus on it should slip off, then the disk comes off. The axle is ready for removal. Then you have a huge snap ring holding the carrier,get it off and then the caliper stay will come off. Last make sure the pinch bolts the keep the carrier from rotating are loose. It is a good idea to remove the stop bolt in the center back or the swinger. The carrier will come out of the left side and you can replace the bearings. Your best bet is to buy a repair manual. It is easier to see it in the book than to thy and read my directions, lol.

Good luck,
Whiteman

hondatrikesrule22
03-04-2004, 06:02 PM
If you don't have a rubber mallet,take a nut and put it on and then pound it out. This way you woun't "mushroom" the threads (it sucks when that happens :shock: ).