PDA

View Full Version : Help Please~ ATC 110 Engine Swap

Hproduction38
03-03-2004, 01:34 AM
Hello all... I am new to 3wheeler world~! Its great to know you guys are here... Hopefully somenoe can help me!

I have a 1985 ATC 110 that the engine took a jump off the deepend... I bought a new engine off ebay... The problem is that the engine that came off ebay is not a CDI (electronic ignition) unit... It has a stator and points...

Can someone please help me... and tell me how to wire this engine into my electronic ignition bike... Do I have to get a new coil exc...?? I can get spark from the stator to to points...but not out of the coil.... :?:

I have two wires coming out from under the flywheel a yellow and a black.

There is one wire coming from the points... just hanging there!!

There are two terminals on the coil... A green and black...

I have tried every combination on earth to try to make it work... and I could not make it work~! I must be doing something wrong!! :rolleyes:

Thank you to anyone who can help! Feel free to email me at Hproduction38@aol.com with your sugestions~!

~Edward

chevy43
03-04-2004, 03:33 AM
You can't make the points work on the CDI unit. I think you can switch the whole CDI unit off of the old engine onto the new one though and that would be better anyway. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on this.

greenhuman
03-04-2004, 07:08 AM
You cannot swap the electrics. The crank end is completely different.

hondaATCman
03-04-2004, 10:21 AM
You can't combine both electrics but they did make a conversion kit for the points models. It took the points style motors and converted them into CDI, which would then be ready to bolt into a CDI sytle trike. I saw a kit on ebay a few months ago but are very rare. If you see one, jump on it quick.

bigred110
03-04-2004, 04:07 PM
I had my 79 110 motor in my 84 for a while.
I'll go and check out the difference between them and the wire harness setup.

bigred110
03-05-2004, 08:35 PM
You need to pick up a coil with the condensor on it, look at pic. You don't need to run a cdi box I believe, since my 79 doesn't have one, so you could make your own wire harness for it. You should be able to pick up coil for it on ebay.

The condensor is the silver round thing on top of the coil.
http://www.freewebs.com/bragger/100_0277.JPG