PDA

View Full Version : Loud

Turbo3Wheeler
03-03-2004, 01:05 AM
Loudest, most powerful pipe for a 250R 85 + would be ______ 8)

I love loud, and power, trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro silencers.

stubbs 400ex
03-03-2004, 01:10 AM
paul turner header with no silencer. was pretty loud for me

Wickedfinger
03-03-2004, 01:12 AM
/me just shakes his head ....... :rolleyes:

Turbo3Wheeler
03-03-2004, 01:13 AM
Well since everyone around my trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro place are a bunch of dildo's and call the cops when I start it up , I would love a loud powerful pipe.

Wickedfinger
03-03-2004, 01:19 AM
.... but see ... that might be the REASON they are calling the cops. Whats wrong with "The most powerful, but quiet pipe there is?". Loud pipes just make people hate ATVs, not accept them.

Turbo3Wheeler
03-03-2004, 01:22 AM
its not if they like the sound
Its what I want, because sound is my favorite thing and I love loud 2 strokes :|

Wickedfinger
03-03-2004, 01:29 AM
Ok then ........ do what you want, Cops love taking away ATV's, especially loud ones - and don't be suprised when all the riding areas around you start to dry up because of people like you. It gives the sport a bad name. If ATV's were 100% quiet, you would eliminate nearly 100% of the opposition to them.

Turbo3Wheeler
03-03-2004, 07:31 PM
Well seeing how all my areas I go are specifically made for ATVing, but yeah. Also probably 50 km from any houses so who cares.

ste-pel
03-03-2004, 09:28 PM
that y its a good thing to live out in the middle of no where whe theres hardly anyboday around to complain and if there are people around the have a avt too

ATC crazy
03-03-2004, 09:37 PM
Im behind you 100% Tejas....

Kids these days dont stop to think of what the long-term effects could be... :?

KASEY
03-04-2004, 01:01 AM
WELL,,,with a loud unsilenced unsparkarrested pipe which is totally stupid!! i hope you catch the field on fire and burn down something ,,,,,,
LOUD is not fast!!! its just stupid,,,,, when you are riding your loud P.O.S and you see all these people looking and pointing ,,,, well they are not impressed with what they see!!!!!!! read all the posts and see what they really are saying!!!!!!!

TimSr
03-04-2004, 01:11 AM
I like to ride, but if I lived next door, Id be calling the cops.
LOUD=OBNOXIOUS
OBNOXIUOS=INCONSIDERATE
and I really, really HATE inconsiderate.

hondatrikesrule22
03-04-2004, 01:27 AM
I can already tell this is going to be one of those posts... :shock:

Buechse_Germany
03-04-2004, 06:23 AM
I got an cobra on mine.... its loud... ab it too loud i think... but it got a bit more power outta the engine (i think), the one i would love is an exhaust wich gets more power outa the trike and got a uhm powerful sound too but not that loud as a cobra...just kinda deep roar.... but i didnt found that pipe yet...maybe someone knows that one....or knows a way to get the cobra a bit (only a bit) quiter....

packhamstruck
03-04-2004, 12:32 PM
Hey, I am glad i dont have to worry about how loud my trikes are, i was running the dual straight pipes for a while which were really loud, and now i am about to put a super trap on my 350x, they cant do anything about we have 200 acers here and i go on tones of trails that arn;t on my property with it, i was stoped once by the cops while on the road, just to make sure the trike wasn;t stolen, but other then that they are cool about it

J.D.
03-04-2004, 01:56 PM
that y its a good thing to live out in the middle of no where whe theres hardly anyboday around to complain and if there are people around the have a avt too
That's the way it is for me, occasionally I take the silencer off the Tri-Z and ride around with just the headpipe. Turbo3Wheeler....it get's annoying after a while, believe me. It's nice to be able to hear the ENGINE ping ping pinging away. 2-strokes make all kinds of little purring noises when they're running and it's fun to listen to them.

NOS_350X
03-04-2004, 09:11 PM
Back to the topic, i would have to say ESR.

atc's
03-04-2004, 11:21 PM
i have an esr pipe and silencer on mine, but it also go's with the 310cc kit i have on it and it is plenty loud for me. powerful to maybe a bit to powerful for what i ride in. hehe

JMiller
03-04-2004, 11:29 PM
baaaddd post?

Domingo
03-05-2004, 12:59 AM
I got an cobra on mine.... its loud... ab it too loud i think... but it got a bit more power outta the engine (i think), the one i would love is an exhaust wich gets more power outa the trike and got a uhm powerful sound too but not that loud as a cobra...just kinda deep roar.... but i didnt found that pipe yet...maybe someone knows that one....or knows a way to get the cobra a bit (only a bit) quiter....

Try looking at FMF Q series siliencers. They are designed to be quiet but give you a performance boost at the same time. If I could get one for my pinger I would. But they are only for 4 strokes.

edog
03-09-2004, 11:21 AM
You can have a loud exgaust and ride it to.You just cant get on the trottle all the time.It's all about being respectful not disrespectful.I have a codra header pipe and muffler with very little restriction.When it is warmed up it will back fire.But that is the loudest part of the exhaust.The other thing that is cool is the 8 inch long blue flame that comes out when it back fires.So it all comes down to the rider.Be cool don't be a fool.lol lol
Stay of the gas or you will get kicked in the ass.You will ruin it for everybody.

86250RZ
03-09-2004, 12:04 PM
I totaly agree with what you guys are saying (about loud pipes giving atv's a bad name) But hey, we were all young at one time too and im sure most of you guys bashing Turbo3wheeler pulled a baffle or two out when you were young and thought it was cool, I know I did.

Meat-BoX
03-09-2004, 02:09 PM
Hey LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES
O yea :oops: thats for Harley's
For an ATV dude You dont need loud anymore. They are makin Aftermarket pipes that are about legal soundwise and they give you an extra 5 hp or so. Im gettin My DG Hard Chrome Pipe and DG silencer for the Tecate.

BigGreenMachine
03-09-2004, 02:41 PM
I agree with what everyone is saying here. I ran around for a bit with my Kodiak's exhaust can split in two, that was loud and still fun for me. Needless to say while I was having a good time everyone else was hating it. Being respectful of everyone else is what will keep out past-time alive.

Anyone know how loud the DG full exhaust systems are on the 85 Tecate?

deathman53
03-09-2004, 03:33 PM
I have a esr pipe on my 250r, it is fast, but loud. I only ride tracks with it, so loud isn't a poblem. my 200x I have a cobra exhaust, it was ridiculas, I put a spark arrester on it, it quited it down a good bit, never rode it with out the sparky, so can't say about the power loss. I could tell from it running in my garage the difference. I would have to say too, that loud is cool for alittle, then annoying. Sometimes i think how great it would be to have a big riding area in my backward, but then I remember back when I first moved here 11 years ago, how annoying it was hearing 2 strokes all day long(there was 5 pits within a 4 mile raduis of my house).

deathman53
03-09-2004, 03:35 PM
also my tecate had a full dg setup, it was not quiet, but not super loud. Your packing will make a huge difference in the noise.

edog
03-09-2004, 03:50 PM
I have a cobra header pipe and muffler.I open it up all the time.The packing didn't stand a chance.Pulled it apart to sand blast it and the packing was wet from moister.It was also compressed.So i just took it out.You should see the 8 inch blue flame that comes out when it back fires.

84250r
03-09-2004, 05:27 PM
baaaddd post?

I'm thinkin so......... :D

Buechse_Germany
03-10-2004, 01:51 AM
Hey stop one moment what is a spark arrester? :?: my cobra istn on my 200x anymore cuz the loudness was fun for the first 3 days but then.... was it a bit anoying.... i like the power boost of the cobra so if theres a way to get it a bit quiter with this spark aresster thing....

just help me out and tell me what it is...thx guys

GillIsTheMan
03-10-2004, 12:39 PM
Im none to judge on the decibel level of the pipe, but in regards to the deep, low tones for 2 strokes, i havn't found any yet, and i dont think i will. The motors just run too high rpm's, and too short timing to make the same deep tone of a valve opening. Most racing "silencers" are simply high pitched, and do little silencing. I'm all about a low toned bass note, and the stock silencer comes the closest, but performs the worst. If you do find any 2 stroke silencers with a deep tone, let me know, im interested.

edog
03-10-2004, 06:16 PM
Happy hunting