PDA

View Full Version : Update on my Custome Tecate Project

Meat-BoX
03-02-2004, 08:29 PM
Well finall got to building and its coming along just fine. My Builer "Lins Performance" is a damn genious and has made several tools in order to take care of business. He also is a perfectionist which is very important to me when I build a project like this. Any way we pushed in all the bearings thanks to his Tecate bearing pusher kit he tooled up. " Im trying to get him to sell some for the Tecate and other machines" It took us less than an hour to put in every bearing on this trike. After that everything went smooth except for the rear shock I had some DORK rebuild. I told him what this shock was goin on and he jammed me all up with a leaking shock. So we go to take it apart and wallah another tool is made for that dilema. We get into the shock and the interior is all rusty. No wonder that fool gave me back a leaky shock. I bought the whole rebuild kit but the damn interior of the shock doesnt want to come apart. So guess what My builder has to tool up another of his inventions in order to get this shock rebuilt proper. So the rear shock is holding up the project till this weekend. I just wanted to let you all know that were having a ton of fun figuring out how to deal with 20 year old problems :-D I wil attach a pic or 2 for all to see. Shh I told my wife I got 1500 - 2000 dollars into this project :BTF She will.

250SX_rider
03-02-2004, 08:32 PM
:shock: What a nice project!!! Let us know about your future progress...I really like the color of the frame, it looks awesome. Did you powercoat it?

Continue your great job, man! 8)

trikerider2oo7
03-02-2004, 08:41 PM
dude thas awesome. what color of plastics will be on it?

Meat-BoX
03-02-2004, 09:14 PM
Yea I had Sumax powdercoat it. I found out afterward that they do the Powdercoating for Orange County Chopers. www.sumax.com
I got some more sick ideas for my motor because of what they do to engins. Anyway I had it Powdercoated California Grape, Chrome with metalflake, and Tecate green with Gold metalflake. I bought Maier Plastic all the way around , and ITP T9 Pro Series rims with Titan Fastrekkers for the rear. I have a New Titan Turf Tamer on the front for now but im not to sure about it. Im lookin at the Kenda, It has that trike front tire shape.Every part on this Tecate has been redone right down to the nutz and bolts. Heres another pic of the chrome with flake. :-D

smokinp
03-02-2004, 10:30 PM
Looks sweet,let us know how it goes...

Jeb
03-02-2004, 11:19 PM
Looking great! but you do need to roll that front turf tamer into the creek or something and definitely go with the 22x11-10 Kenda Front Max, unless you can come up with a new stocker.

I'm ready to see it with plastic!

Meat-BoX
03-03-2004, 07:18 AM
Yea thats what I figured about that front tire. I got the dealer all confused gettin rims, rear tires and other parts. They dont keep up on their paperwork good I guess because they just opened so I was like Wheres my front tire? And I got one! :shock: For Free. It good for mock up. We are taking the rest of the week off and will finish it this weekend I hope.The Green plastic looks great on the machine but im a little worried it might be to Green. So I will get some Tecate stickers to break it up a bit and I bought a sick arse Hi Flite Flame seat cover. Lime green flames going towards the rear with the rest of the seat Purple. I put some different pics on my cheesey site so check em out if you want.

We need to have a 3 wheeler world 2004 custom three wheeler contest. It would be fun and look Cool with 30 or so custome Trikes :twisted:

Meat-BoX
03-03-2004, 07:47 AM
I KNOW THIS IS JUST A DORKY PIC BUT IT WORRIES ME. Maybe a flame kit on the tank or something? Or maybe it will be fine now that I have the trike together. Please give me some ideas. A Tecate sticker kit?

Jeb
03-03-2004, 09:48 AM
I think something on the tank would look great. even if it was just the stock Kawasaki decal. Or, a custom decal with some of your metallic purple color.

Meat-BoX
03-03-2004, 01:36 PM
Yea thats what Im thinking We will see when its done.

By the way you get ahold of that dude with the Cal Fab swinger. I got his email. I wanted it but I figure it wont work on my 84 Tecate. Let me know he's takin offers trailprotrailpro he puts it on E-bay. :-D

Meat-BoX
03-03-2004, 01:55 PM
I give out 1 more pic because im so pumped :oops:
The shock was rebuilt by a chump. He couldnt do it and said he did. So its not on yet or you would see a nice polished shock with a Tecate green with Gold metal flake spring and a Califorina Grape Bottle. Were workin on it. I got the complete kit so all of my suspension will be rebuilt. :-D

250SX_rider
03-03-2004, 02:03 PM
Yea...it turned white, but it's cool anyway... :shock: It's gonna be ONE SWEET tecate!!! 8)

Meat-BoX
03-05-2004, 01:58 PM
100 bucks for a brand new coil and cap and I found a new O Ring chain thats Tecate Green on the side for 80 bucks I think the chain will look good and a little Green out back besides my Spring.
I allso picked up a beautifull Stainless nut bolt and washer kit, 250 pieces for my Tecate body off of E-Bay. I allso have a killer Stainless Allen head bolt kit for the motor. But I think im gonna Have Sumax powdercoat and polish the right side cover and do the head. Im hoping to have it all together this weekend though. Still need my PRM Grab bar and DG hard Chrome ehaust. But I will prevail. Shhhhhh Dont tell the wife. :shock:

Meat-BoX
03-05-2004, 02:05 PM
I got my new Hi Flite seat cover and its killer so I am selling the other new one I bought off of E-Bay. I allso have a real nice pair of forks that dont leak and look pretty good. I allso have a Wishbone rear suspension part for an 84 Tecate with good bearings in it. I just want to get rid of this stuff so It will go cheap.

Meat-BoX
03-05-2004, 10:31 PM
Damn rear shock is jammin us up, but we will prevail. :-D

monoxide
03-05-2004, 11:09 PM
ugh, that rear shock is hard to get in, i got a longer one on mine and i damn near gave up on it :rolleyes:

Meat-BoX
03-07-2004, 07:27 AM
Well I had my rear shock rebuilt by some arse. He couldnt get it apart so he put oil in it and said it was good. Well it leaked, so tonight we spent about 4 hours making a tool so we could get the guts out of the rear shock. This tool pushed the guts down just enough for us to get the clip out. Well we rebuilt that shock 100% with the kit I had and we mounted it. The suspension feels first rate. So now I have my rolling chassie :-D
We allso mounted the front fender and tomorrow or shall I say in about 9 hours I will be back there to run the electrical and Lights, and Paint the Radiator. I will have some more pics tomorrow of the rolling Beast :twisted:

TeCaTe_MaN
03-07-2004, 02:20 PM
complete new fender and tank decals, even the origionals would be sweet, but if you can do them in that sweet-arse grape color against the green fenders would look really nice... ;)

that is one of the nicest tecate's i've ever seen... ;)

Meat-BoX
03-07-2004, 03:53 PM
Yea wait for 2days pis. Gonna put on all electrical and find some sweet bolts for the footpegs and motormounts. I bought a Teaccte hardware kit offof E-Bay and so far it seems useless. My builder "Lins Performance" Is gona hook meup with stainless aleen head bolt kit. He charged me only $350.00 to build this whole Tecate and the Tooling he had to do to fix 20 year old problems are worth more than that. It tok 8 hours just to build that shock compressor in order to totally take it apart so I could put in the new Kit. I love this dude He is so smart and he wont do anything half ass. The perfect builder. We will be making custom front motor brackets out of Aircraft Aluminum with the "Lins Performance Logo" Well goin to get some light workin I hope. Pics come 2night.
Thank you for the positive feedback It been a battle with wife and every1 else But I believe in restorin Dirt bikes and ATV's
They are aeasie and cheaper than cars :D

Meat-BoX
03-08-2004, 01:30 AM
Well the Tecate is coming together nice. The only thing holding us up is a coil and chain which I willl order tomorow. Got on the Stainlesss allen head motor bolt kit done. Got most of the wiring dialed in, and finished off all ugly nutz and bolts with new ones. I hope to be rippin up my lawn next weekend. :-D

Meat-BoX
03-08-2004, 11:33 AM
I called a different dealer and he will have my Coil and Tecte Green chain delivered to my home for $20 less than my earlier post. 8)
Allso it will be here Friday :shock:
I then called this place called Installations Unlimited here in Syracuse. They have been trickin out cars and stuff here for over 10 years. I asked about some custom Flame Vinyl for my rear fender and he said "Shoot I can make them for about $15.00 for the pair" He said the have about 3 books on custom flames that can be ordered for about $40.00. I think that would look nice with my Hi-Flite flame seatcover and my new Maiers The Tank he said he could copy the decal perfectly but change the lines from Black or Blue to my color Califorina Grape. I dont want to go overboard and make it Gaudy.
84 Tecates just werent made to look too pretty ;)

Meat-BoX
03-09-2004, 05:11 PM
I laid on the Rear fender Gas Tank and Seat with the Seat cover just laid over it. It looks so nice but will definatly need a few Decals.

XFR_Dozer
03-09-2004, 05:26 PM
im not really a tecate fan but that is one sharp trike. you obviously put alot of love and care ( as well as money) into that. congrats on one sharp Kaw

200xalltheway
03-09-2004, 06:09 PM
that's gonna be one sweet tecate when its done! Awesome trike!!! :shock:

Meat-BoX
03-09-2004, 07:09 PM
I put 8 years of luggin it around and breakin it down to live in City apartments and my Parents in laws garage. You can imagine the flack I got from my wife and her parents every time I got it runnin it had another problem. Well when it comes to any Off Road Vehical I say FU and I will lug it around forever if need be. As for the money im disabled so if I got some money from whatever I put it into the trike. I finally got a nice chunk to get her Powdercoated at Sumax and once I made that big step I knew I was goin all the way. Well I'd say I got a little over $3000 in her but after helping my builder put her together and all the Toolin he had to do and Inventions he made to get things fixed right, I would have to say she's worth $4500 easy. We put everything on film and video for any future Buyers so they can see what had to be done. Of course I dont expect to get $3000 for it but hey you never know. Its like its brand new allmost. Thank all of you for the support and thank this killer site for what they do for all us ATV Lovers.

Meat-BoX
03-14-2004, 04:58 AM
Disd the wiring for the CDI box and me coil. Got wires for the headlight and taillight, Were allso working on the twist throttle. Well we pianted the radiatot attacheed the radiator hoses. Put om the rediator gaurd and screen ait looks great.WORK AGAIN TOMORROW AND HHOPEFULLY WE WILL be starting it tomorrow
here she is so far.

Meat-BoX
03-18-2004, 11:43 PM
All electrical is done except the headlight is done. Im just waiting on the headlight and rear fender mounting kit so al is smooth. Got to take the rear odd and finish the custom chain roller/swingarm protector. Also ne to push a bearing in just a weeee bit more. Got all High gread Stainless allen head bolts for all ot it except maybe 20 originals the we ran a dremal over to shine em up like new. We will finish the rear and chain thing, rebuild the carb and I guess start her up whem my new Twist throttle gets here.

Tecate4life
03-19-2004, 07:35 PM
Send me your email address I have the cure for your front tire...I struggled with this for months.........I'm getting ready to start my overhaul and I'm interested in that bearing tool!!!!

Judd in Texas!!!

twgranger
03-19-2004, 09:42 PM
Were is Installations Unlimited located? In liverpool?

Meat-BoX
03-19-2004, 11:47 PM
hempwrks@hotmail.com

As for Installations Unlimited they were in North Syracues but I think they moved because they Blew Up.