PDA

View Full Version : 350x front fork rebuild?

mtbikr
12-10-2002, 01:14 AM
Is all you need to do a rebuild on the front forks of a 350x -- the 2 seals for each side from honda or is there a lot more involved? how difficult is this to do? and I know the recommended air pressure for the forks is neutral with the front off the ground, but what if you weigh 240lbs? how much is too much? I'm afraid I'll be doing this all over again if I overpressurize them! I plan on changing the fork oil when I do this, will this help on bottoming out?

ATCnut
12-10-2002, 01:26 AM
Most people just replace the seals when they start leaking, and call that a rebuild. There are a bunch of other metal parts in the forks that can wear, a full rebuild is replacing all of those too.

skippy
12-10-2002, 02:07 AM
i thk most people would agree... dont put air in your shocks... just put new seals in.. measure your springs to make sure they are still in specs, and refill the oil.. that will be a good rebuild job.. if the old seals were blown, you will feel the difference,, and if you put air in them, the air will need to go somewhere when you compress them hard, and so will the seals..