PDA

View Full Version : Jetting Suggestions Please.

JMiller
02-29-2004, 11:28 PM
My 84 T3 has a 34mm carb., 210 main jet, 45 pilot jet, pipe and silencer, and a UNI 2 stage pod air filter. I know these trikes didn't come stock with a 34mm carb in 84. The bike is running rich and loads up and has poor throttle response. What jets should I change? Pilot, main, or both? And what size jets should I start with? Any suggesstions are apprecciated?

bbechtel16
03-01-2004, 11:12 AM
I really don't know but My friend has a 38mm Keihin PJ that has like a 185 or something main and its FREAKIN' HUGE!!! So I would think 210 may be too big. How does it run at WOT?

whiteman350x
03-01-2004, 11:18 AM
Is it loading up all through the throttle range? Do some plug chops. Line it out and run wide open. Turn the switch off while going wide open. When it stops, check the plug. If it is brown, you are good in the main. If black, go to a smaller main. If loading up at low rpm, go to smaller pilot. Check your plug after running a certian speed and see when it is black, then you can tell what to change. You may have to go way down before you see any difference. Just keep a check on the plugs and if it turns white, you are way lean and need to go back up before you toast something. I am not a jetting expert, but hope this helps.

Whiteman