PDA

View Full Version : 84 tecate and chassis flex help

Djj624
01-22-2024, 02:38 PM
Hello everyone, so my 84 has what I think is bad chassis flex(best way I could describe it). If you grab the side of the hand grip and rock the trike side to side the chassis flexes before the rear tire will left off the ground. Also if you sit on the trike and lean side to side there seems to be a fair amount of flex/twist as well, almost like something will snap before it tilts over on its side. It has an extended swinger but none of the linkage setup just the shock. I thought that was it but iv seen other trike with that setup and they don't have the same issue. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

sjsst41
01-23-2024, 09:34 PM
It would be worth the time to remove the plastics & tank to throughly inspect the frame for cracks or a break.

legacy51
01-25-2024, 10:51 AM
They are pretty tough frames besides the grab bar area which is always bent or repaired. A single ~1/2" tube isn't real strong. If the chassis flexes like you are talking about then you have a problem somewhere that you will have to figure out. Mr C is on the site and has a pretty good video on how he went about looking for issues on a 250r. You could use a lot of his same methods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I3ocW-LswM&t=851s

MrConcdid
02-07-2024, 10:24 PM
check the axle bearings.