PDA

View Full Version : atc 70 questions

Fordman302
02-28-2004, 11:13 PM
I have just got a 1978 atc 70 and it is in need of a restoration, but anyways i have a couple of questions. My front forks move back in forth like th hole is walowed out for the steering stem or could it be the bearings in there? also is there supposed to be a hole in the side of the cylinder below the timing chain cover? I think thats where it is at anyway. One last question does anyone know the dimensions of the seat as in how tall,wide and long it is supposed to be? Just wondering because i need to make a new seat for it. Thanks for the help.

42F67N
02-29-2004, 02:16 AM
The front end moving is bearing slop ,i changed all the bearings in my 85 they were all shot.

Yes there is suppose to be a hole in the front same side as the timing cover.

My seat measures 17 1/2 long 9 1/2 inches wide 5 inches high

Hope this helps yea :-D

Fordman302
02-29-2004, 11:09 AM
thanks all I have to do know is figure out if I want to rebuild the motor or buy one from my neighbor that runs. I took the top end apart last night and wow it's gonna need some work. I don't know if I want to redo the motor because i don't know if the tranny is any good is there any way to tell without taking the whole motor apart? Thanks

42F67N
02-29-2004, 11:48 AM
Best bet for figuring out if the tranny is goood woulds been to take it for a ride to late for that now though right lol usally the tranny dosent give problems on these bikes ,if trailprotrailpro neighbor is selling a motor cheap buy u can never have to many parts laying around :-D