PDA

View Full Version : Nobody Here as Expected

Shad Owe
04-12-2023, 09:27 AM
Still think your "ban everyone who disagrees with admin" was a great strategy for keeping 3WW alive?

Still not ready to admit this place was WAYYY better before everyone watched the most prolific and provocative members be dogpiled and banished for being right too often?

The decline of this place started with banning Raffa and ended with banning Dohc. Facebook had nothing to do with it.

Noone wants to hang out where they have to kiss admins azz to be accepted.

atctim
04-12-2023, 10:29 AM
You must be right. Social media has nothing to do with any of this.

You have to have "law and order" in a private forum. Otherwise the inmates run the prison. You might not like it, and you might not agree with some of it, but it has to be.

Have you always had problems with authority figures in your life?

Scootertrash
04-12-2023, 10:43 AM

But yet here you are.

6spdls1z28
04-12-2023, 10:55 AM
When did raffa get banned ? I haven’t been on here much lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shad Owe
04-12-2023, 11:09 AM
You must be right. Social media has nothing to do with any of this.

You have to have "law and order" in a private forum. Otherwise the inmates run the prison. You might not like it, and you might not agree with some of it, but it has to be.

Have you always had problems with authority figures in your life?
Admin on a fvcking 3 wheeler forum = authority figure

Lmaoooo get a grip Tim. Bans on members ruined this forum. It made noone want to be here.

atctim
04-12-2023, 11:15 AM
Admin on a fvcking 3 wheeler forum = authority figure

You can't stand being told what to do or having to follow rules, yet I need to get a grip.

You must be right.

Shad Owe
04-12-2023, 11:19 AM
You can't stand being told what to do or having to follow rules, yet I need to get a grip.

You must be right.

You cant stand the idea that other people dont need to be told what to do.

Banned all the members that have more mechanical knowledge in their pinky toe than anyone left here.

Praised a scam artist and his minion while those with knowledge repeatedly told everyone he was a fraud. All because of ego and feeling inferior.

atctim
04-12-2023, 11:25 AM
You cant stand the idea that other people dont need to be told what to do.

I love freedom and not being told what to do. But the fact of the matter is that this is a private forum. There are rules here Donny. This is not Nam!

kb0nly
04-12-2023, 12:59 PM
Still plenty of people lurking here, just because they don't post daily about their latest junk they found or the 100th post of the day about a vague description of a carb problem doesn't mean nobody is active here. I'm on here and FB, and to be honest there hasn't been much of value on FB lately either, and i am in multiple Honda and ATC groups on there. I can only read so many badly spelled or worded posts about a "bike won't crank up" from someone.

oldskool83
04-12-2023, 01:31 PM
Might not be as many here as years past, however unlike facebook groups which I cant stand, people here know something, or learn. It can be documented for others to help, or come back later. The group stuff is quick garbage an 3 days later good luck finding good information.

It's not YO BRAH wheres the best place to get master cylinder bolts and 9 comments...people now days cant think for themselves.

Homeless Dave
04-12-2023, 02:40 PM
I use FB and am active in some groups, but I prefer the forums, and not just this one but others that are similar. The people on these forums are usually incredibly helpful and as Oldskool said, information post on these forums is much better archived that what anything is on FB. I reference some of the available info from this site regularly. I lurked on 3WW for a long time before I joined.

Shad Owe
04-12-2023, 07:30 PM
Might not be as many here as years past, however unlike facebook groups which I cant stand, people here know something, or learn. It can be documented for others to help, or come back later. The group stuff is quick garbage an 3 days later good luck finding good information.

It's not YO BRAH wheres the best place to get master cylinder bolts and 9 comments...people now days cant think for themselves.

3 wheeler groups on FB are a circus. Bunch of boomers getting scammed out of thousands daily.

This place could easily grow again if it were properly managed.

Homeless Dave
04-12-2023, 09:45 PM
I think you are missing a crucial element of the lack of activity around here. Most forums, especially one focused on very niche topics, ie (3WW, trx250 r forums, ect) have been on a decline in recent years. It is no surprise that more people use FB and other social media platforms than they use a forum. It simply equates to more people=more activity. I’ve seen a few forums I’m apart of, even ones in the guitar community start to trail off a bit. It’s been a steady down turn in the past 5 years, mostly due to the growing number of very specific FB groups that are all about a specific topic. How many machines have their own dedicated FB groups? But on here the topics cover a wide variety of topics, but many are more in depth than what FB will be.

And to touch on some of the big members being removed from here, a number of them are essentially black listed from the major FB groups.
So please take it easy on the great group of people that still take care of this place. If this forum went down lots of great information would be lost. I used to be on 3WO as well, but it’s now gone along with some really great information and topics. ( what happened to that site?)

knappyfeet
04-13-2023, 12:47 AM
Unless it is egregious banning is a no no.

It also ruins forums...that and VerticalScope.

There were places that were alive with activity....100+ posts a day. After VerticalScope came in and banned everyone who didn't stroke the dicks of everyone... they are lucky to get 1 post every other day....sad.

I miss the Glamster...Barns and Dohc. They stirred the pot but sometimes that's a good thing

Shad Owe
04-13-2023, 01:22 AM
And to touch on some of the big members being removed from here, a number of them are essentially black listed from the major FB groups.
So please take it easy on the great group of people that still take care of this place. If this forum went down lots of great information would be lost. I used to be on 3WO as well, but it’s now gone along with some really great information and topics. ( what happened to that site?)

Lol. Just sit back and enjoy your popcorn.

PineBarrens
04-17-2023, 06:35 PM
Still think your "ban everyone who disagrees with admin" was a great strategy for keeping 3WW alive?

Still not ready to admit this place was WAYYY better before everyone watched the most prolific and provocative members be dogpiled and banished for being right too often?

The decline of this place started with banning Raffa and ended with banning Dohc. Facebook had nothing to do with it.

You sound like a complete tool... If it's so bad here why are you back posting copious amounts of cr@p? Why don't you go and spend time doing something you enjoy?

Shad Owe
04-17-2023, 09:52 PM
You sound like a complete tool Thank you. It's been a lot of work putting everything together but it feels great to be acknowledged!

rpeters
04-17-2023, 11:25 PM
Unless it is egregious banning is a no no.

It also ruins forums...that and VerticalScope.

There were places that were alive with activity....100+ posts a day. After VerticalScope came in and banned everyone who didn't stroke the dicks of everyone... they are lucky to get 1 post every other day....sad.

I miss the Glamster...Barns and Dohc. They stirred the pot but sometimes that's a good thing

From Barnett468

"One funny thing, is that the milkman once posted that I never actually technically violated any of the rules, and it was the other yahoos that contributed to him quitting here, lol. That's one of the things that happens when the moderators allow their friends to run amuck while only banning people they don't care about etc.

DOHC was pretty sharp, and I though he was hilarious, plus he was a super die hard 3 wheeler, much more than many other people here."

86T3
04-18-2023, 01:50 AM
I thought the dumbest person I ever met was this kid on Facebook who doesnt have a job and molests vehicles, thanks for giving me my daily dose of humility and reminding me that he's just the dumbest person I've met yet, Shad Owe.

Shad Owe
04-18-2023, 02:06 AM
I thought the dumbest person I ever met was this kid on Facebook who doesnt have a job and molests vehicles, thanks for giving me my daily dose of humility and reminding me that he's just the dumbest person I've met yet, Shad Owe.

"Better to speak out loud and be known a fool than stay quiet and be thought reasonable" or something like that

Shad Owe
04-18-2023, 02:12 AM

Awesome how the same fun-hating lamo normies are swinging by to get their nit picking in. Jealous cuz they spent 10 years here not getting 1/100th of the attention so they have to chime in and get a little from me.

Shad Owe
04-18-2023, 02:33 AM
From Barnett468

"One funny thing, is that the milkman once posted that I never actually technically violated any of the rules, and it was the other yahoos that contributed to him quitting here, lol. That's one of the things that happens when the moderators allow their friends to run amuck while only banning people they don't care about etc.

DOHC was pretty sharp, and I though he was hilarious, plus he was a super die hard 3 wheeler, much more than many other people here."

From DohcBikes

"Aww... Shucks."

Free Raffa Free Dohc Free Barnett Free Glamy unban everyone and start inviting people back to the forum.

rpeters
04-18-2023, 10:52 AM
From DohcBikes

"Aww... Shucks."

Free Raffa Free Dohc Free Barnett Free Glamy unban everyone and start inviting people back to the forum.

They even banned glamy? . What the hell has happened to this place?

Shad Owe
04-18-2023, 10:59 AM
They even banned glamy? . What the hell has happened to this place?

Site allowed political extremism to consume the feed and of course I swooped in and absolutely doused the flames with napalm so I could watch it burn from further away.

Now we are to a point where the admin won't even spend a few bucks to make uploading pics easy. New members show up, try to post pics and since it's not user friendly they just leave.

Admin is extremely incompetent here and always has been. It's a lack of intelligence and a surplus of ignorance.

rpeters
04-18-2023, 11:11 AM
Site allowed political extremism to consume the feed and of course I swooped in and absolutely doused the flames with napalm so I could watch it burn from further away.

Now we are to a point where the admin won't even spend a few bucks to make uploading pics easy. New members show up, try to post pics and since it's not user friendly they just leave.

Admin is extremely incompetent here and always has been. It's a lack of intelligence and a surplus of ignorance.

From Barnett468

"Bummer that I missed that thread, lol.

Politics are simple, it is nothing more than stupid people vs smart people. :Bounce"

Shad Owe
04-18-2023, 11:44 AM
From Barnett468

"Bummer that I missed that thread, lol.

Politics are simple, it is nothing more than stupid people vs smart people. :Bounce"

Yep, people who participate sincerely are stupid and people who ignore it completely are smart. Both sides, same team. It's 100% a good cop/bad cop saga that enables their slavery and theft. It's just as easy to not participate in the system. Although those who remain chained to it will always claim they are righteous. One of them will be a long soon to defend their reasoning for needing other people to make rules for them and take their money.

psujeepguy
04-20-2023, 03:52 PM
Just an observation from a guy who has no idea what is driving any of this conversation.... but it is interesting that interest in three wheelers and vintage powersports is rising while forum participation is dropping.

Shad Owe
04-20-2023, 04:05 PM
Just an observation from a guy who has no idea what is driving any of this conversation.... but it is interesting that interest in three wheelers and vintage powersports is rising while forum participation is dropping.

Not to mention that plenty other forums are thriving because plenty people are over the FB group nonsense. The admin here folds it's arms and says "nope don't care it's FB fault". It's not. The reason this forum is lacking traffic is because when it was most active they banned a bunch of members who don't think like them and their friends do. They want a cult type environment here where everyone worships admin and anyone they deem worthy or else. And everyone knows that doesn't work, they witnessed the entire thing and the admin here looks absolutely ridiculous for all of it whether they like it or admit it or not.

People argue, they communicate with insults, they cuss. They yell. Especially "Rednecks"

Look what we are talking about here. They all know exactly which accounts made the most impact when they were banned there's no question. Yet they continue to "banish them from this community" because they don't want to admit theres no reason to ban people. They want to assert authority over a community that exists with or without them. Tim literally referenced authority figures. They are legends in their own minds.

Shad Owe
04-20-2023, 04:17 PM
God forbid you disagree with one then prove them wrong. You're GONE.

They took Barnett's Edit button away pretty much right away because they believed he wasn't who he said he is. And he is, and they know it now, and yet they just attempted to kick him around like a soccer ball for years, even though he routinely wiped the floor with multiple grown online bullies almost daily here, simply in an effort to provide the curious public with first hand technical advice and insight.

A few members brought apples to the teachers desk and there formed a sad online bully alliance that was met with the force of a troll that made their heads spin nearly clean off and he's still here doing it because they refuse to admit they're petty and wrong.

Unban everyone.

floydechoes2000
04-23-2023, 09:50 AM
I honestly believe the decline in forum use goes hand in hand with the rise of phones as a primary browsing device. FB is simply easier to navigate with a phone and forums are way better on a PC.

That being said, I say unban everyone too.

TrikeKid
04-30-2023, 05:55 PM
I honestly believe the decline in forum use goes hand in hand with the rise of phones as a primary browsing device. FB is simply easier to navigate with a phone and forums are way better on a PC.

That being said, I say unban everyone too.

The thing is, forum software that works well on a phone exists, it just isn't in use here. vBulletin is an ancient system from the glory days of forums and it doesn't seem like they've kept up with the times at all.

xWhatever on unbanning everyone, over-moderation kills forums just as much as FB has.

4x4van
05-15-2023, 05:17 PM
ATCs haven't been commercially produced (other than a few private guys here and there) for nearly 40 years...it is inevitable that interest in and members of forums dedicated to them will drop off over time. I'm kinda glad that, even though I still ride my 250R, I seldom come here anyway. Looks like I haven't missed much other than juvenile arguing.

And BTW;
"Better to speak out loud and be known a fool than stay quiet and be thought reasonable" or something like that
It's actually the opposite, but thanks for the laugh.

Scootertrash
05-16-2023, 09:12 AM
ATCs haven't been commercially produced (other than a few private guys here and there) for nearly 40 years...it is inevitable that interest in and members of forums dedicated to them will drop off over time. I'm kinda glad that, even though I still ride my 250R, I seldom come here anyway. Looks like I haven't missed much other than juvenile arguing.

And BTW;
It's actually the opposite, but thanks for the laugh.

I'm pretty sure he got the boot AGAIN, for like the umpteenth time.