PDA

View Full Version : TSC Tires

DSHOT59
03-07-2023, 11:26 PM
Anyone run tires from Tractor supply was there the other day and saw these marked down to like $25 @. I couldn't help but buy all of the 22x11-8's on the shelf. Figured at that price couldn't go to far wrong new rubber is always nice.Any one ever use them ?

Footy
03-08-2023, 04:16 PM
hard to beat at that price. I have not used them. Says 2 ply so if you are not riding clear cuts or rocky terrain you should be fine.

Jim mac
03-08-2023, 11:53 PM
unfortunately the local stores don't have any or I'd buy a couple sets. jim

atc300r
03-09-2023, 11:56 AM
I went to 2 stores yesterday and no luck.Thats a great price considering a tube cost about that much.

keister
03-09-2023, 01:45 PM
We have been using their Hi Run brand mower tires on our hardtail TT trikes for years.
I wouldn't even worry about them being 2-ply. I prefer that for the unsprung weight savings on the trail.
As long as you keep them aired down around 2-2.5psi you can do some really rocky terrain (Hatfield McCoy, even) with little worry.

big specht
03-09-2023, 01:57 PM
I second that we’ve been going to Hatfield since 09 and have been mostly on 2ply tires and never had a flat from the terrain. People give 2 ply tires a bad rap unless you are hauling heavy loads or on a heavy quad or sxs 2 plus will be just fine. And for 25 ea for new tires you can’t go wrong.

207wheelin
03-10-2023, 07:55 AM
Thanks for the heads up. I got a pair for my daughters 200s. I'm going to hit a couple more of their stores this weekend in search of a 2nd pair.
✌207

DSHOT59
03-26-2023, 09:18 PM
I got these in South Carolina my girl went back the next day and got 2 more same price. Guess they are being discontinued or something.We have 8 acres down here no rocks or anything like that just woods riding We made a track around the house. Got a creek down front I go play in sometimes mostly trails but. I liked em cause they weren't to heavy., Going on my 185 and didn't want anything heavy weighin it down.

ATC King
03-27-2023, 09:07 PM
Heck yeah. For that price I'd buy everything in stock.

I ride a lot of rocky terrain and wooded areas an haven't ever poked a hole in a typical 2-ply or cut a sidewall. Most of my flats have been from large thorns which are pretty much like metal nails. I've beat up wheels and even knocked a tire off the bead then rode it home and it still held air afterwards. The basic knobbie is the best all-around tire for the hardtails.

The hardtail trikes aren't heavy or powerful, they don't need a tire that'll hold up on a SxS.

Congratulations on the find and thanks for sharing. Our local Tractor Supply stores typically only have the agricultural style tires in that size.