PDA

View Full Version : Grinding after clutch replacement

Tortuga
10-28-2022, 08:14 AM
Replaced clutch plates on my Honda 110 and now im getting grinding, have anyone of you possibly experienced this?

It shifts thru the gears fine, but once it's in gear there's quite the rumble and it seems to be coming from the LH side (High low sub transmission)
I'm almost 100% I re-assembled the plates correctly, but maybe I over looked something or my sub trans happen to be crapping out? Does it both in low and high, while selecting the speed I do hear a slight grind.

DAM shop
10-28-2022, 07:59 PM
Replaced clutch plates on my Honda 110 and now im getting grinding, have anyone of you possibly experienced this?

It shifts thru the gears fine, but once it's in gear there's quite the rumble and it seems to be coming from the LH side (High low sub transmission)
I'm almost 100% I re-assembled the plates correctly, but maybe I over looked something or my sub trans happen to be crapping out? Does it both in low and high, while selecting the speed I do hear a slight grind.

We put wrong screws in the hold down plate once and it made all kinds of noice before blowing the basket apart.

El Camexican
10-29-2022, 04:20 PM
Can’t speak directly for your model, but I have seen on some engines where people have put the wrong screws in the wrong holes when reassembling the cover and a bolt that is too long makes contact with some thing rotating internally.

Tortuga
10-31-2022, 08:03 AM
Ahhh I could have done this! I'll pull up the schematic and make sure the two long screws are in the right positions, thank you!

Tortuga
10-31-2022, 08:31 AM
https://ibb.co/kMvqFmB

This is the only schematic I could find...not very helpful LOL. Anyone know where I can find a better one?