PDA

View Full Version : 85' 250es Big Red Ignition/Starting issues

BigRedManiac
10-05-2022, 04:57 PM
My Big Red has always had an issue with the ignition switch. You have to wiggle the key to just the right spot and it will turn over. The neutral light sometimes comes on and sometimes doesnt. Same thing with the reverse light. I never had an issue with that but just recently my trike would need to be pushed forward a little in order for it to start turning over. I was wondering if just replacing the key switch would fix my dashboard lights and key wiggling issue. Im not sure what would cause my trike to need to be pushed forward a little bit but that just recently became a thing(It doesn't always need to be pushed forward..only sometimes). I finally want to be able to turn the key on..have my lights work and it turns over no problem. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

shortline10
10-05-2022, 05:48 PM
The ignition switch can be taken apart and cleaned .
I would check both the neutral and reverse connections that are on the motor which are located on the lower right side behind a little metal cover .

BigRedManiac
10-05-2022, 06:40 PM
Thank you for the advice. Do you know where I can find some instruction on cleaning the ignition assembly?