PDA

View Full Version : ebay p27 carbs.

Jim mac
02-27-2022, 01:39 PM
on my last 185 200 projects, I'd order the 185 carb and usually got a p26. I noticed the 200x ebay carbs are usually p27 carbs. I know these are hit or miss, but the last 2 p27 carbs I installed on a 185s seems to run great. I just pulled the p26 carb that always needed the choke on half to run decent.
most of these project trikes I've been picking up doesn't come with carbs or already has china carbs so I really dont have a correct running factory carb to compare it to.
my 200s has a P26 carb and runs like it's cold blooded. going to swap out a p27 and see how it starts and runs.
just a heads up. jim

207wheelin
02-27-2022, 02:36 PM
I had real good luck with the China PZ27 carbs. The thing is you never know what you'll get for jetting. The last two 200X clone carbs I got had smaller jets than the 2 i bought a year ago. They would probably work great on a stock 185 but they had to be jetted up to work on my latest project. One of the last two i got overflowed when the float kept sticking but that was an easy fix.

I prefer a factory carb and freshen it up with a Shindy kit for the application. But the China PZ27 in my daughters 200s has performed flawlessly for a couple years now. It was advertised as a 200x carb and came with a 40 pilot and 108 main jet. It ran perfectly out of the box and hasnt needed any adjustments.

Jim mac
02-27-2022, 11:46 PM
I went and looked at the trikes the 4 185s trikes now all have the p27 carbs and runs great. the 200s has a p26 and is the only one that's hard to start, needs the choke closed to run right. so I just ordered another p27. Of course I find 3 PD original carbs in a box. jim

207wheelin
03-02-2022, 05:05 PM
That's how it works with my luck to Jim. But look on the bright side it's a good way to increase your parts collection!

Today in my search to get every last bit of power out of my latest 200s project I took one of my 200x China carbs and some miscellaneous parts and started experimenting. My plug was very white and I new I needed more fuel so I got out my assorted China jets and got started. What I found had me scratching my head. I was running a 108main from a Shindy kit and it ran OK but plug read lean. I put a #115 China jet in and was so lean it would barely run! At the workbench I got out a set of torch tip cleaners to give me an idea what the opening size on the jets were. What I found is that the China Jet assortment I purchased is not true to the numbers stamped on em.
I ended up back with my factory carb with a 110main from a Shindy kit and the machine runs perfectly and the plug is a nice brown color. My next step is to find a decent jet assortment from a dependable manafacturer for my future tuning endeavours.
Take care
Corey

350for350
03-02-2022, 09:47 PM
That's the way that jet sizes work in carb rebuild kits too. They may be stamped with a number, but the hole size isn't close to being right. Shindy and Keyster rebuild kits seem to be the best. Their jets are usually the right sizes too. Some may question it, but I still won't use those jets. I just don't trust them enough. I'll either reuse the OEM jets or buy new ones from jetsrus.com. If you order from them, but the OEM jets, not the "OEM equivalent" ones. I don't know if they offer any jet kits or if they just sell them individually.