PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a NOS 1984 ATC200M rear axle

BarnBoy
08-07-2021, 10:56 PM
So a few months back I purchased a NOS NASA super axle for my 200M build. It said on the box it was for an 82 200E, little did I know that that uses a 5 bolt flange to mount a sprocket, which is sandwiched between 2 retaining plates and uses rubber buffers to transmit the torque to the rear axle. In my opinion it's a funky setup, and I prefer to just have the standard 4 bolt sprocket setup that's on the 83 200E and 84 200M, with rubber dampeners that the bolts pass through vs being sandwiched like the early design. So I have 2 options....well maybe 3.

1: Find a NOS axle for an 84 200M or 83 200E (any brand oem or aftermarket is fine, just prefer NOS) Let me know if you can help with this

2: Press the sprocket hub off the NASA axle and drill the 4 bolt pattern to fit my 84 200M sprocket setup. Need to check backspacing and see if the flange is the same though.

3. Just run with the correct for axle sprocket...I don't really want to do this because I will likely be running without a chain case and this just makes it more complicated and more places for chit to get stick, etc.

Any input appreciated.

BarnBoy
08-09-2021, 03:13 PM
Bump. Gotta be someone lurking around out there with some NOS hardtail goodies.