PDA

View Full Version : Question for you guys

1984Honda200
07-13-2021, 06:25 PM
Hey all, I'm back with a question for anyone more experienced with these trikes then myself , began with trying to tighten the chain that the previous owner had neglected doing and was extremely loose . So I had loosened 3 out of 4 of the rear end bolts but when I got to the last bolt bottom right to be specific, the threaded bolt spins inside the casing instead of loosening the nut and now it wont tighten back in either .. hoping this is a quick fix and not a "need a new rear end" type of deal as parts are very scarce and expensive here , I will post a video along with this to help understand the situation and thank you for reading this post and hoping for some advice !
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-L5OmDmDjS0&feature=youtu.be

Jim mac
07-13-2021, 06:32 PM
the tack weld broke on the nut, you could take the cover off and hold the nut, or tack weld the nut again. ive got 2 carriers like that sitting here. jim

1984Honda200
07-13-2021, 06:43 PM
That's what I was hoping to hear , anything I should watch out for when taking that cover off Jim?

Jim mac
07-13-2021, 09:34 PM
it's been a few month since I pulled mine apart, I'm pretty sure it's simply unbolt the cover. jim