PDA

View Full Version : 350x valve cover?

Jim mac
06-27-2021, 01:52 AM
will the valve cover come off a 350x in the frame? just got the decompression cam, cable and bracket and need to get it installed. thx. jim

Shawn Powell
06-28-2021, 08:22 PM
Yes. Tank and upper motor mounts removed of course , I think a few other minor things to get out of way but I’ve done it to get rid of an oil seep once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jim mac
06-28-2021, 11:27 PM
thanks! I was told the trikes got a new top end, I didn't get any info on what piston was installed. the decompression lever and cable is wrong so not working. Even with boots on I can barely get it started with my bad knee.

Anything I need to watch out for when installing the decompression cam in the head? jim

Shawn Powell
06-29-2021, 10:00 AM
Not that I can remember , I just followed the tear down manual. Mine has a 12-1 comp piston with a real aggressive cam. My decompression lever is there , hooked up , and adjusted “correctly” and doesn’t work at all. You can disconnect it makes zero difference. I think it’s because of the cam. I have to get mine to top dead center and then just stand on it (I’m 200 plus gear ) till it goes a little past then stomp it starts great. I feel your pain. Luckily my repaired knee is on the other side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro