PDA

View Full Version : need help with 200X

Robbie
02-26-2004, 02:15 AM
I have posted once before about the problem I am haveing and got some help but I still need more. My problem is with my 1983 Honda 200X it stoped running one day and I couldnt get it started with the kickstarter but I could pull it with another atv and it will drift start. I checked the wire coming from the stator with an ohm meter and it says 289 ohms. One day I put a new spark plug in it and it actually started after ALOT of kickstarting, I rode about an hour, put it up for the day and havnt been able to start since. Has anyone else had this type of problem or know of something I could try to fix it? Please Help THANKS :?: :x

ejc042
02-26-2004, 09:09 AM
Check to make sure you have a good blue spark. It sounds more like you may have a carb problem.

whiteman350x
02-26-2004, 11:51 AM
Ran in the same thing with an 83 200x. In my case, the stator was bad. You could pull it behind something and it would crank, but no way you were going to kickstart it. Swappwed stator out and that fixed it. The old stator ohmed just like the specs said it should. Donno if this is your prob but something to think about.

Whiteman

J.D.
02-26-2004, 12:48 PM
Another possibility is low compression. Do a compression test. I think it's supposed to have 142-199 PSI.

Robbie
02-27-2004, 02:01 PM
I took the spark plug out and layed it on the head kind of like you can check a lawn mower engine for spark, well I can just barly see a spark. When I pull the plug out it seems like there is an ok amount of gas on the plug. I have taken the carb apart and cleaned everything and set the needle valves back to what the owners manual says they should be. Thanks for all the help everybody I hope I can soon get back riding again, please if you have any ideas please post them Thanks

speed20
02-27-2004, 02:09 PM
Get another stator off ebay or something.....the go out and you wont know it....had this happen to me 2 times with 83-85 200x's!