PDA

View Full Version : Ran great last year, but not this one.

83Atc110
05-17-2021, 07:40 PM
Dammit Ye olde 1983 ATC 110 worked PERFECT last year. then it sat, ran great, until I started riding on it for a little bit. I lost control of the throttle, and then the engine stopped. it hasn't ran since, even got some fresh fuel. problem is, it has a cheap Chinese replacement carb, but i do have 2 originals, because, when we bought them, there were 2 and we built 1 good one, and one for parts i will probably get a carb kit for it and see how well that works. also, it has three of these tires: trailpro

DAM shop
05-18-2021, 02:29 PM
Dammit Ye olde 1983 ATC 110 worked PERFECT last year. then it sat, ran great, until I started riding on it for a little bit. I lost control of the throttle, and then the engine stopped. it hasn't ran since, even got some fresh fuel. problem is, it has a cheap Chinese replacement carb, but i do have 2 originals, because, when we bought them, there were 2 and we built 1 good one, and one for parts i will probably get a carb kit for it and see how well that works. also, it has three of these tires: trailpro
Yep if you have spark then your issue is that junk carb. I would definitely pull that oem carb apart and see what type of pilot jet you have screw in or push in. The kits only come with screw in pilot jets.

83Atc110
05-18-2021, 04:59 PM
it runs, so it has spark, it's just that POS carb

83Atc110
05-18-2021, 05:24 PM
i will also mention this: it leaks a little oil when it gets warm