PDA

View Full Version : anyone got a pic of a hi flite seat cover on a 185s?

Jim mac
01-30-2021, 10:34 PM
tried to search but didn't find a pic. I was debating between the desert tall seat or the standard hieght seat on my 81 185s. I was just wondering if the taller seat looks funny on the trike. jim

badasskfx
02-01-2021, 08:13 PM
Well Jim it’s not a fashion show it’s a function show! I have the desert seats on my 350x and 250r and I love them.

ATC King
02-01-2021, 08:57 PM
A Travelcade or Saddleman (forget which, but neither are available anymore), similar except for the height.

If buying a new seat kit for a 185S, I'd definitely go with the tall desert seat. More room to move, thicker foam to ride better, and increase distance from seat to pegs so transitioning from sitting to standing isn't so hard on the knees and tiresome.

Jim mac
02-01-2021, 09:24 PM
the $$$ issue.
I've got 3 185s trikes. 3 pans
pan 1 is just about perfect, the v are all good
pan 2 has all good v but a few rust small rust holes, and decent foam. I bought a new seat cover and redid pan number 2 which is on the trike with a ate and papers.
pan 3 still has good studs, pins are there but rusty around it, sides are 1/2 rusted away.
pan 3 I taped up the holes on the underside and fiberglassed the top. then I went and got a sleeping mat from. walmart and just layered it. plan is to shape it like the post on the suspension seat and drop a new cover on it.
Plan was to buy the hi flite seat kit for the perfect pan and drop it on my titled 185s but if you saw my later post, just picked up a 350x and need to order a seat cover 1st, its going to need a rear fender, and might as well get a case saver for insurance.
unfortunately the old money tree in my back yard dried up and died. jim

ATC King
02-02-2021, 09:11 AM
If I had a near perfect pan, it wouldn't get anything but the tall desert seat, if for nothing but to put it back on the shelf.

That's going to be a vintage aftermarket part in the near future.

http://hi-flite-usa.com/product/honda-atc-185s-81-83-desert-safety-nose-seat-foam-cover-kit/

Jim mac
02-02-2021, 09:36 AM
I ordered a seat cover for the 185 and the 350x last might. so 2 of the 3 185s will have new covers. the last 185 has a tore up seat cover on it, pull the fender off and there really isn't a pan under the seat, just pieces of iron oxide.
going to look at my dwindling mad money and decide weather to trim the cracked 350x fender and buy a hi-flite seat kit for the 185s. I can always sell a firearm or two and build up the mad money stack. jim