PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Nicholson frame info

Dreef302
01-25-2021, 05:45 PM
Hello I am trying to get info about what the story is on the Nick Nicholson (I think thats the proper name) frame.

I grew up riding 3wheelers in the sand dunes and my dad loved his bike. I remember hearing about the Nicholson name and bike frames but don't know the whole story.

From what i remember he was the head of honda racing us or something and around 83 he went out on his own making frames and parts ect. that's what the story I remember.

The story goes that my dad was riding his punched out 185s that be had a 230 kit done to it and thought he was hot stuff at the time. One trip he was hitting patton hill and a loud thumper came up and hit the hill from the bottom with no run and blew his mind. My dad chased him down and insisted to know what it was and that was nicholson with a 500 kit. Long story short he bought a frame and built it in 84 with a 500 he said was out of an ascott. The bike is in very good shape and kills me to have it sit around rotting. I am not in a position to ride it or keep it up. I would love to ask my dad all this info but lost him to cancer in 04 and now I have inherited all the bikes and stuff. Sadly I am not going to keep them but need to get more info before listing and selling them.

Any info you have would be appreciated.
Thanks

HairyJR
01-25-2021, 06:21 PM
Pic's would help as many here would like to see one.

"HJ" 266320 :beer

BOB MARLIN
01-26-2021, 10:03 AM
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/138121-Nicholson-500X

Its just a few posts below yours at this time