PDA

View Full Version : will a 200e or m rear carrier swap?

Jim mac
01-08-2021, 12:05 AM
before I regret getting rid of it, I've got a carrier and axle off I think a 200e or m. The carrier was bolted on a 200s frame. will everything line up if I keep the carrier and axle with a 185s motor in the 200s frame? jim

BarnBoy
01-08-2021, 01:18 AM
Try it and see!! I can tell you that i do not think it will work though,, the E and M seem to have a different offset. Also, why would you ever consider getting rid of parts like that? I keep any and every 3 wheeler part I can. If you really don't want it that bad, post an ad on Craigslist and give it away to someone who needs it. It still has some level of value either way.

Jim mac
01-08-2021, 08:16 AM
I threw it with 1 hub and seat ( has the metal pan and brackets) on craigslist for sale or trade, but got to thinking. ive got 2 200s frames and 1 200s carrier with axle. if this actually works, even though it looks a little wider, it would net me another complete frame. with front and rear axles, gas tanks, motors,harness. I agree about not tossing stuff, ive stripped a couple trikes and bought a few collections of parts, those parts allowed me to buy other non op trikes and put them back together on the cheap. Sometimes I find parts in the shed I can't even remember where they came from. jim