PDA

View Full Version : 1984 250R ... BEST aftermarket NEW Carb Make, Size and Jetting???

250Ricky
12-08-2020, 03:03 PM
1984 250R ... engine appears all stock ... stock I want a NEW fresh carb that will do the best job and get whatever it can outta her!!!!

Your professional experience and opinions are GREATLY appreciated and will be WELL taken...:Bounce

These are what I've dug up in reading various on-line answers
1) Lectron for 250R
2) PWR 41 Pro
3) PWK 38

Please and thanks,

Rick (Niagara Falls)

Dirtcrasher
12-08-2020, 06:46 PM
You'd have to buy a new Suddco replacement carb to get OEM performance. ALL other AM carbs are China junk...

The size and jetting are based upon mods already done to the motor and conditions you ride in.

sledcrazyinCT
12-08-2020, 10:16 PM
Find yourself a liquid cooled 250r carburetor. It is a 34 mm flat slide the foolers like this set up.

Dirtcrasher
12-10-2020, 02:23 PM
Don't ever get into the mindset that a new carb will help your motors run better.

It's fairly rare to wear out carburetors, most can be rebuilt and with a good ultrasonic cleaning you are good to go.

Bad gas does more harm than anything else, often it takes a few cleanings to get it all out.

The small jets can be very hard to get clean, it's better to replace them...

HondaRidr
12-14-2020, 09:38 AM
I am a fan of the PWK carb. I have a few friends that have run lectrons and they have good things to say about them. I generally think bigger is better when it comes to carbs (to a point) but a 38mm on a stock 84 is alot of carb. If you have an aftermarket pipe a 38 would probably be fine and would support more performance upgrades in the future.