PDA

View Full Version : 185s pull start problem

Mike33
09-21-2020, 08:54 PM
My pull start keeps jamming up and not wanting to return most of the time. I then removed the pull start from the machine and took out the dogs and decompression system. After taking those out, I pull the rope and it pulls and returns just fine. What is the problem?

BarnBoy
09-21-2020, 08:58 PM
Disassemble and clean all the components and check for wear and spots where components could be rubbing. Could be the spring is dirty/rusty and catching. Or something with the decompression cable.

Mike33
09-21-2020, 09:54 PM
As I pull,part of the decompression cable is pulled in

kb0nly
09-22-2020, 01:57 AM
It's probably a worn or sticking decomp cable, i have had that before. If you can get it a cable luber on it try and get it lubed up and make sure its moving freely back and forth. Beyond that its just clean clean clean, clean everything, lubricate everything, i prefer to use a white lithium grease on the parts in the recoil, then put it back together and check it again. If the cable is sticking you can get a replacement for it, not terribly expensive, Motion Pro cables and Volar both make one for it, like $9 for that part so if its not cooperating don't waste your time trying to fix the cable.