PDA

View Full Version : Surprised more quad conversions haven’t shown up

ctk
08-18-2020, 10:17 AM
Like the title says. I was thinking a lot more quad conversion to trike oils would have been done over the years.

shortline10
08-18-2020, 10:37 AM
By 1986 the quads were out so they weren’t made very long and to be honest the kits that were available were limited to what you could do to them compared to the mass produced quads .

ATC King
08-18-2020, 10:44 AM
Money, money, money.

Some have done them themselves, but most will have to pay to play. People who have the skills and equipment aren't going to do it for bread crumbs, nor should they. Some start with modern dirt bikes, others use quads. Better plan on a $8,000 entry fee that just goes up from there, unless you build your own, which still means you'll need to start with a good running, modern machine you're willing to cut up.

Someone on here took a new or relatively new TRX250X and made it into a trike. That'd be my preferred build. Modern, sporty, but not more than I need, shaft drive with reverse, electric start, and not expensive. It's got that 'sport clutch' thingamajig too.

ctk
08-20-2020, 01:37 PM
I should of said.. modern quads converted to Trike

oldskool83
08-20-2020, 02:18 PM
comes down to skill, then money, then willingness. The converted dirtbikes now days to trikes look good but some of them have crazy front end rake and sit high. Its easier to do that then convert quad since all the welding of the frames.

Im on the fence about doing a blaster trike like a mini tri-z. I have the part and can convert it but will it ever beworth more then $800 if i sell...prob not. I have a bad extra frame up front i could cut appart , that has been fueling the idea.