PDA

View Full Version : chrome or silver spray?

vartiak15
02-23-2004, 05:58 PM
is there a color that will look like chrome that i can use with a spray gun and will look good? im reding my 200x in about a month ( as soon as i move, need room to work)and i am going with all black but a silver swinger,hubs,brake pedal, kick starter, and foot pegs. And i need to what color silver or chrome is good. anyone use a spray silver or chrome and have pics of how it turned out?

250SX_rider
02-23-2004, 06:20 PM
On my SX wheels, I bought a chrome spraypaint...I thought it would look chrome, but...it turns silver when it's dry. :evil: so I guess silver is the only option resting... :?

compaqkoci
02-23-2004, 08:51 PM
can you get like a grinder and grind and polish all those things up? i have seen it done before and if you take it down to metal and then get some good sanding papers it looks really nice :D

Meat-BoX
02-24-2004, 06:43 AM
Get it Powdercoated I did my rim in chrome with metal flake along with my pedals, bearing carrier, and axle. Its tough as nails and those few parts should be cheap. Plus it will look factory and last 4ever. Not look cheap and chip the first time you ride. Check out my powdercoated parts at the link for my Tecate. :-D

GreenLightening
02-24-2004, 12:30 PM
Dont even bother with chrome paint. it will only last a couple of weeks under normal riding. It turns to powder and dissappears after it gets weathered. If ya dont want to get it powder coated, buy yourself a good can of silver wheel paint from the local napa or whatever. its a good solid silver and it can usually stand for some serious riding.

GreenLightening
02-24-2004, 05:03 PM
here is the chrome paint on my blaster a arms. it hassnt been on much over 6 months. and not much riding. the pics dont look really that bad but in person they look kinda like hell.

vartiak15
02-24-2004, 06:19 PM
how did you powdercoat your axle?

Meat-BoX
02-24-2004, 08:27 PM
The Powdercoaters can do just about any part on a ATV Check out www.sumax.com for some info

ATCMedic
02-24-2004, 08:45 PM
If you paint anything with silver/"chrome" paint make sure you put several coats of clear over it, if not it will weather pretty quickly and start to look worn out again before you know it.