PDA

View Full Version : 85 TECATE throttle options??

Dirtcrasher
06-30-2020, 12:17 AM
No, I didn't buy a Tecate, they're too damn fast for me!!

But, I do lots of little things on the side. One of them is "rebuilding" throttles per say - I tear them down, clean everything, beadblast, powder coat (red, white, blue, flat or gloss black), and grease them with silicone grease and replace the seal on the bottom. I add a cable and all new SS screws and sell them. I've sold quite a few and people are very happy...

Random guys contact me from Ebay or FB that see them and like them.

2 days ago a guy asks about replacing his Tecate twist with a thumb, he doesn't know what belongs on there or what works; Nor do I.

What do you guys run on Tecates if it's not a twist? Can he run a Honda thump throttle from a 350X/200X/similar with his cable?? Did they ever have thumbs?? Fastest things on the planet!! :D

Or, what do I have to do to help this guy out, what works? Thanks much for any suggestions...

big specht
06-30-2020, 06:38 AM
I have klt250 throttle’s on mine that way I’m not cross breading bikes parts.

Dirtcrasher
06-30-2020, 01:27 PM
He wants to know if he can run a Honda throttle on there, he likes the ones I powder coat and I have a few from TRX's that don't say Honda on the top...

big specht
06-30-2020, 04:50 PM
? I’m sure you could make them work with R cable

Onetrackmind
06-30-2020, 08:58 PM
Sorry this is off-topic, but I wouldn't mind seeing some of your Honda throttle work. What is you eBay seller name?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk