PDA

View Full Version : just bought a 86 250R

nicker71
02-23-2004, 10:43 AM
just bought a 86 in near mint condition I hope to have pics of it buy this weekend.
it doesnt have a book for it and I know nothing about it
1) on the frame there is a sticker that says 20:1 ratio I thought that was a little weird must of my frind use 32:1 I mixed 24:1 and it seemed to be ok, what ratio should I use?

2)how much oil does the bottom end hold? I looked and couldnt find it, I couldnt tell if it was full

3) what is the best mod to make it go faster it has a FMF silencer and a k&n on it, I was thinking maybe a fatty pipe for it are they worth it?

I hope to have pics soon I was wondering what it would be worth I will post them at a later time. It is much faster than my old 350X. I drag raced a 92 suzuki lt 250R with a pipe and silencer ported engine work he paid $2600 for it, I was a really nice quad but I beat it on acceleration and top speed.
thanks

krizo88
02-23-2004, 11:37 AM
#1 - I would have asked the previous owner what he was mixing it at, and go from there.

#2 - There is a screw on the side of the case that says "oil fill", take that out and fill with oil untill it comes out of that hole, I usually buy a quart, and have plenty left over.

#3 - You could put a pipe on it for better acceleration, but if you want more speed you will have to consider gear changes, and tire sizes, just dont gear it too much, or you will have a very under powered machine.