PDA

View Full Version : recomend a plug and oil

jay
02-22-2004, 01:00 PM
ok, i bought a brand new ngk plug for the r. i rode a total of about 2 hours and it stopped firing. we put in a different plug and it runs good again. do plugs go bad like this often or did i just get a bum plug. is it a 2 stroke thing? i don't believe that there has been any mods to the bike. i am not sure what the stock exhaust looks like but would that have any effect on the plug? does the r in the ngk br8es have any effect on how the plug runs? the store had a b8es and that is the one that petered out already. what would you suggest to run in my 83 r? when i got the bike the gas/oil mix was a little pinkish and smelled kind of sweet when it ran. was that the cam 2 oil that i have heard about? i am new to the 2 stroke scene and would like a little insight from you all about it. last night in the woods i was wishing for my 4 stroke to be running cause i had no problems like that with it. :evil: mechanical i can deal with cause i can see the problem. i don't know the signs on a 2 stroke yet to diagnose well yet.
thanks for your time and hope you can help me out.

JoeSuzuki
02-22-2004, 01:28 PM
What color was your plug after your ride????? Any pictures?????

JoeSuzuki
02-22-2004, 01:31 PM
For the best analisis of your mix ratio and to identify the combustion in your pistons try this site out,,,,,its the way to see if your running rich/lean/hot or cold......this can also help you find out why your spark plug dies so quickly

http://www.dansmc.com/spark_plugs/spark_plugs_catalog.html

compaqkoci
02-23-2004, 02:29 AM
what kind of oil you using to mix with the gas?