PDA

View Full Version : just got a 200x....**edited** with more questions

rxraptor02
02-22-2004, 12:19 PM
well guys
I just wanted to say hello and tell everyone that I just picked up an 83 200x. the plastic, rims and headlight are all in great condition. the seat has some damage and the tires need to be replaced. the motor runs ok, I need to tune it up and replace the chain/sprockets.

does anyone know of any online sites where I can view exploded diagrams of the trike and its parts?

the guy who had it messed with the carb and I need to see if the carb is original. (I also have a second carb)

I have a complete motor in parts minus the connecting rod for the piston. and 2 pipes that are extra.

I will post some pics of it soon.

later
-Jim

yater
02-22-2004, 12:54 PM
www.bikebandit.com will have detailed, labled schematics. Congrats on the new ride!

vartiak15
02-22-2004, 01:11 PM
need some tires let me no mine are like new and still have tits on them

smokinp
02-22-2004, 01:53 PM
Cool,cant wait to see some pics.

rxraptor02
02-22-2004, 05:54 PM
I will post the pics soon

I dont want to keep starting new threads so I will just keep bumping this one up with new questions unless it is suggested that I just start a new thread each time....

I am going to buy a repair book for this trike.

ok, here is my first few questions that I have encountered so far....

1) when I start it up and rev the motor it pops when I let off of the throttle. I think it is running a little rich. with the carb running rich will it pop when you let off of the throttle?

2) how can I adjust the idle of the motor?

3) I can hear a lot of valve chatter is that normal for a 1983 200x?

4) does anyone know if I can get the specs for the valve clearance online?

thanks

-Jim

samster143
02-23-2004, 01:06 PM
First off I would check to see if the top end is getting oiled. When you are sitting on the trike look the motor, look at the top and look for the acorn nuts that hold on the rocker box cover. There are 4 in all, while the engine is running loosen the rear acorn nut on the right side (as your are sitting on it) Just enough to let some oil out. The oil travels up that stud into the cyl. head. If oil begins to seep out from under the nut YOU HAVE OIL to the top. this is good. Now tighten up that nut only about 15lbs torque. This is what I would check first. Wait till you get the manual to check the valve clearance. For the carb, the idle is usually adjusted with the screw on the side of the carb. The back fire usually can be removed by the fuel screw adjustment. This is on the bottom of the carb. I have a different carb than you but I think you will want to tighten that screw in 1/4 turm increments to get rid of the back fire. Take the fuel screw and tighten it until it seats lightly, count the turns and this will give you your baseline to start from. The factory setting is about 1.5 turns from lightly seated. It may need to go in or out so play with it. Get the base line first so you can always go back to it. Hope this helps.

kilabeez0
02-23-2004, 04:11 PM
I too have an 83 200x that i'm restoring. I have the factory manual and microfiche on CDROM. I should be able to help u out a bit. Wanna sell one of the pipes? I need one! :D

groundfly
02-23-2004, 04:47 PM
here's some clymer for ya, the correct valve clearance for both the intake and exaust valve is 0.003in. (0.08mm) for atc 200x models. if you need to know anything else pm me, i got the clymer and would be happy to help till you get yours.

rxraptor02
02-23-2004, 05:18 PM
thanks for the info guys.

kilabeez0: if there is a way to get a copy of the repair cd rom. pm me about the pipe.

samster143: I will check the oil stud trick.

I am not gonna check the valves. I need to get the feeler guage still.

kilabeez0
02-23-2004, 05:51 PM
cd rom is parts only, not the repair manual.